Maria Shashkova's beauty and costumes

Ms.belly dancer

I think she is really beautiful. Her beauty helps her a lot in her dance. What do you think?

Moon

She is from Russia I think and indeed very beautiful.
However I have no idea how that helps with her dancing. To be honest I don't like her dance style.

Caroline_afifi

Indeed, though I must admit that Maria Shashkova is good technically and talented. I just don't like her style because I find it too "busy" and fast and too big movements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gngw...eo-clips-youtube/4487-some-crazy-dancing.html

Quite a show!
It is a good demonstration of youth, beauty and agility and I think perhaps she was a former gymnast?
I teach a young Russian model (private lessons) No matter what I teach her, she performs like this. 'I think, she probably thinks' I am old and old fashioned at 40 when I say slow it down, stop pouting and listen to the music and try to get the emotion as well as the energy.
She is a popular restaurant dancer now, but dance audiences are not as impressed when she does MED shows etc.

Reen.Blom

I am not a big fan either.... I dont like the vigorous turns and too big leg swings... but that's just my opinion.

Moon

Nice you like her, Mr. Bellydancer, but some people can have a different opinion.
The dance you showed was nicer than the one I showed. I've seen her dance busy more often, though, but she seems very talented.

Shanazel

She is very beautiful, but not one of my favorite dancers. Dramatic Turkish drops, shimmy variations, and Dina butt moves make up more of her performances than I find appealing.

Moon, dear, are you rhino-typing again?

Shanazel

Who slipped, Dipali- Moon Freud or Shanazel Freud? Couldn't have been Sang Freud. :think: If you were not part of the great rhino-typing experiment some months back, the logic of my statement may have escaped you. Of course, my logic often escapes before I can pin it down properly...

Last edited:

Dev

Who slipped, Dipali- Moon Freud or Shanazel Freud? Couldn't have been Sang Freud. :think: If you were not part of the great rhino-typing experiment some months back, the logic of my statement may have escaped you. Of course, my logic often escapes before I can pin it down properly...
Dear Shanazel , I meant Moon Freud with her Mr Belly dancer comment. Never mind it was something I wrote to amuse myself, :lol: it got all complicated. I was supposed to quote Caroline.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Oooh, so it was Dipali Freud. We really must have a reunion of the Freud-Slips family someday. Can you imagine the conversations we'd have?

Maria_Aya

Yes she is beautiful, yes she is a talented dancer, but didnt liked her at all, until i fall on this video, where i really adored her dance (ok too much spining at one point) and the song !!!

Enjoy:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
She is very energetic, where does all that energy come from!

What I find scary is the sudden back drops "ouch"! OK she is young enough now, but don't people realise that such heavy drops can damage the spine??? and a few years down the track could see her have awful problems, it is also very hard on the knee joints.

Some of her dance style I like, some I don't, but if I could dance even 1/2 way like her I would be happy .... minus the back drops LOL! I would never get up again and would be permanently folded:lol:
~Mosaic

belly_dancer

Yes she is beautiful, yes she is a talented dancer, but didnt liked her at all, until i fall on this video, where i really adored her dance (ok too much spining at one point) and the song !!!

Enjoy:

that was fab.... except I can see the spinnnnnninnnnninnnnninnnnnngggggg being a bit much for the music!!