Hello =p

Coffee Star

Hey, I'm Annie.

I'm 13, and currently a self-taught belly dancer, i.e. I get tapes, and practice at home. I do have a class near me, which mum's gonna ring to see if they can let me in. My hopes arnet high though, as I don't think they'll let "kids" in.

I also train in the Martial Arts.

Looking forward to using the forums!

Also a fan of whipped cream. ;)

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hey, I'm Annie.

I'm 13, and currently a self-taught belly dancer, i.e. I get tapes, and practice at home. I do have a class near me, which mum's gonna ring to see if they can let me in. My hopes arnet high though, as I don't think they'll let "kids" in.

I also train in the Martial Arts.

Looking forward to using the forums!

Also a fan of whipped cream. ;)

Annie, if you can't get into the class, just keep dancing until you can, just be sure to get hold of a good beginners video so you can learn good posture right from the start, it is difficult to 'unlearn' what you have set in muscle memory.
~Mosaic

jenc

If you would like any advice on dvds or anythnig you have come to the right place.
Good luck
JenC

lizaj

Many teachers like my self are not insured for under 14 year olds but there are some who get their insurance under community dance schemes so hunt around your area. If you belong to a Youth group get a belly dance teacher to come and do a talk or intro. Make sure you get good DVDs to instruct you. Thre are a lot of bad ones around.
Locally near me there is a 19 year old dancer who has been dancing since she was 8 and she is now one of the best you'll see in the UK. You are at a great advantage to those of us who started later. Keep it up, the dance needs you!