Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello, I'm Arabella

Hello there, Ladies!

My name is Arabella, I'm from Ontario, Canada! It's good to be here in your forum, I have been looking over the messageboards and see a lot of interesting topics! I came across this place by accident. So in I came and looked around. I'm looking forward to participating and meeting some new friends, hopefully. I've been bellydancing for just under 5 years and love it! My background is in soft-style martial arts though. I've been performing a bit, have done maybe 35 performances in the last year with more to go. I think dancing is the panacea for all ills. Dancing makes your spirit soar!
    Last edited by Arabella; 05-31-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: addition

Post Thanks / Like

Good on you! I am also doing my first solo performance soon (end of June). I am excited but also have a bit of a tummy ache thinking about it. I am doing my choreographies every evening for 1 or 2 hours now in order to be TOP perfect amazing when I am performing... well at least I hope I won't forget any moves...

We gonna give it our best! Have a great weekend

Oh and again: WELCOME!!!!!

x

Post Thanks / Like

Curl,

The tummyache you feel thinking about your performance in June are bellydancing butterflies. I've done a few performances and still get them, believe it or not. I'm doing my first solo soon, next week, and I get them just thinking about it too. I also practice 1-1 1/2 hours a day my choreographed routines, if I let a few days go by, I have a tendency to forget some steps. In that practice I do lessons from a layering moves drill video I bought on the net, which is excellent. It's a tough workout but worth it.
    Last edited by Arabella; 05-31-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: change the last sentence

Post Thanks / Like

The dd sounds great! What is it called? Will check out amazon and see if I can get it for UK region

All the best for your performance, you gonna knock 'em straight out of their boots!

Post Thanks / Like

It's called Drills! Drills! Drills! Belly Dance With Michelle (Joyce) produced by Cheeky Girls Production. It's great instructional for layering and also for playing zills while layering.

There's a sample video you can watch at the selling site...

Belly Dance DVD - Drills! Drills! Drills! - Michelle Joyce

they got the DVD at amazon:
    Amazon.com: Drills! Drills! Drills! A complete workout with finger cymbals for belly dancers of all levels: Michelle Joyce: Movies & TV
    Last edited by Arabella; 05-31-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: adding amazon

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!

My younger daughter is named Arabella!!!

Member Male Belly Dancer SERKAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Again Arabella,

But here not only ladies

Welcome again

Belly Dancer Serkan ::: www.serkan.be
    www.dedanstent.com