Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Member trang1808's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hochiminh city in Vietnam
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    my parents don't allow me to study this dancing. they think it's sexy and blablabla... I can't change their mind but I will still learn about it.

  2. #22
    V.I.P. Reen.Blom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Between Heaven and Earth Upside Down
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    I would dig classes in a studio like that. In fact, I'd be happy to LIVE in a place like that (minus the fur boas, of course).
    What is wrong with fur boas??? We could cuddle them......

  3. #23
    V.I.P. lizaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trang1808 View Post
    my parents don't allow me to study this dancing. they think it's sexy and blablabla... I can't change their mind but I will still learn about it.
    I am afraid they are right...whatever way you turn it this is a sensual dance if not downright sexy.
    I am also afraid you have to respect your parents wishes until you can put togther a good enough case you show them it can be beautiful and tasteful and classy as well .

  4. #24
    V.I.P. da Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farasha Hanem View Post
    You could always move here to my home town! Hey! Then we could be in the same class together! Oh, wait, maybe not; you're a much better dancer than I am.

    That would be fun! And while I've been dancing a little longer than you, honestly, that's no guarantee that I'm a better dancer. If only it were that simple!

  5. #25
    V.I.P. da Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trang1808 View Post
    my parents don't allow me to study this dancing. they think it's sexy and blablabla... I can't change their mind but I will still learn about it.
    And that is why God invented bedroom doors.

  6. #26
    V.I.P. Caroline_afifi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    3,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it is not really about the church but the people who run/organise the buildings. I have had rented offices in churches (for work). The vicars have been gorgous whilst the volunteers have been like little Hitlers.
    It is probably a personal decision made by the woman based on her own morals.
    However, when usuing a building connected to any religon, we have to consider sensitivities, and wearing a bra top for class maybe crossing someones sensitive line.

  7. #27
    V.I.P. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizaj
    I am afraid they are right...whatever way you turn it this is a sensual dance if not downright sexy.
    I am also afraid you have to respect your parents wishes until you can put togther a good enough case you show them it can be beautiful and tasteful and classy as well .
    I think her parents mean sexy as like "sleazy". And "learning about" can orfoucse also mean reading about, watching videos, discuss things with the members of this forum... ;-)
    I think it's great when teens try to learn about our dance instead of just copying Shakira and think they can dance.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a strange experience. It is curious to know that some people have very twisted perceptions of bellydance. I bet the people that criticize bellydancing for being too "sexy" or sinful simply ADORE ballet, even though ballerinas also wear skimpy costumes, and - even worse - the movements are not natural and can cause damage to the dancer.

    Many churches offer areas for community activities; but since they do own the building they have the right to kick out whoever they want. Very Christian-like.

  9. #29
    V.I.P. Reen.Blom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Between Heaven and Earth Upside Down
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonquil View Post

    Many churches offer areas for community activities; but since they do own the building they have the right to kick out whoever they want. Very Christian-like.
    Well suppose if someone did something you did not approve of in YOUR building, you would also kick out? LOL

  10. #30
    V.I.P. lizaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonquil View Post
    What a strange experience. It is curious to know that some people have very twisted perceptions of bellydance. I bet the people that criticize bellydancing for being too "sexy" or sinful simply ADORE ballet, even though ballerinas also wear skimpy costumes, and - even worse - the movements are not natural and can cause damage to the dancer.

    Many churches offer areas for community activities; but since they do own the building they have the right to kick out whoever they want. Very Christian-like.
    I think you can safely put a belly dancer in her bedlah or two piece alongsid a ballerina in her simpy tutu and there being no contest as to the sexier of the two.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •