Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

so as you noticed the issue continues. Just to give folks a more complete view of what is going on at present: Anatoliy and I purchase this vBulletin forum software. Jelsoft Enterprises makes it and like with any software there are 'open' areas that become apparent after the software is in use. Once this is discovered they 'patch' that open area and release a new version. We are responsible for making sure we have the latest upgrades. However we do not have any control over the software itself, that security is up to Jelsoft. Some time ago we decided to put the forum on its own server so that even if it is hacked, said hackers cannot get to any other part of OrientalDancer.net, the store (on yahoo's server) etc.

After the hack on the 1st, Anatoliy discovered the hole and back door they left behind and deleted it. However they broke in again today which means that not all the backdoors were found and deleted OR there is a hole in the newest vBulletin version.

We are working with the appropriate parties to try to resolve the issue and appreciate everyone's patience and support in the mean time

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, Salome! Thank you to both of you for your sterling work in getting the forum up and running again so speedily.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes thanks Anatoliy and Salome! Having been here during the Big Hack 2 years ago, this is pretty minor. It was a smart move to move the forum to different server...my qusetion is: Why are the hackers picking on BD forums?
    Yasmine
    Last edited by Yasmine Bint Al Nubia; 06-04-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt that the backdoors will be firmly closed and bolted. Sorry that you have this headache to content with Salome & Anatoliy. Unfortunately the hackers the world over just get better and causing havoc.

As to why they have chosen this forum, probably just because they could. Also they probably have the idea that bellydancers and joyful entertainment is bad stuff, so they are trying to get us to mend our 'shocking' ways!

The crossed hands of their you've been hacked page, if it is the hackers hands and I am guessing they are, look quite youthful and at least one looks very feminine. If they are very young they are very likely testing their skills on something they have been taught is terrible and against their teachings. Hopefully with all holes closed they will go back to their studies and leave us alone!
    ~Mosaic

Post Thanks / Like

I got another email. Apparently one of the hackers thinks I will pay for long distance to call him?

"Was the penetration
    ByMister divx
    The Mister F-15
    To continue through Msn
    Mr.DiVx @ HoTMaiL.Com
    Mr-F15@HoTMaiL.CoM Or
    Via mobile phone966550888927"

It is all a ploy to get the hot naughty Western bellydancers to call them! Little do they know we are old and bitchy (well, I am, anyway)...

Post Thanks / Like

Me, too, da Sage. Poor dumb hackers with no life beyond hassling other people. Hard to understand people who delight in destruction and disruption when for the same amount of effort they could achieve something useful, interesting, beautiful or all of the above.

Post Thanks / Like

Anatoliy, you are great to unhack it sooo fast. One smart cookie you are!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    Little do they know we are old and bitchy (well, I am, anyway)...
    Well, I'm old, bitchy, and a MALE! That'll fix 'em for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Anatoliy! What would we do without you???

Azeeza

Post Thanks / Like

So....

What happened "this" time? They got back in, and the board went down for quite a long time. Idiots.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast