They hack I unhack. Who will get tired of it first?

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, one hour ago the forum was hacked by some Saudi hackers. It didn't take long for me to fix the forum. However I still didn't find the hole they got in, so it's not patched and they can do it again. I contacted the VBulletin team (we run our forum on their software) - hope the hole will be found and fixed before those losers come back again. It looks like after they hacked the forum they sent e-mails to all our members. Sorry about that.

nightdancer

You know, if they are going to take the time and effort to hack, they could at least send more interesting email than "ksm". How about "We are Saudi princes and want to make you the head of housekeeping in our palace/burger joint/furniture warehouse" or something equally as interesting?

Thanks for keeping such a vigilant eye

Robynne

Moon

YAY! I can't believe how fast you solved this!
My first thoughts: noooo not again :rolleyes:

jenc

Yeah that was really fast. I didn't even realise they did anything to the site and I was online when the mail came in.

Reen.Blom

Now how fair is that? I didnt get any emails... LOL

Glad forum is ok, hope Anatoliy will find that hole! :pray:

Mariyam

Ahhhhh I missed this post, sorry :redface: Now I understand the thing about the e-mail...

Thanks for all your work, Anatoliy!!

karena

I didn't get the email:( This always happens, I didn't get the spam last time either :( I hate being lower down the alphabet ;)
Thanks once again for all the work on the forum :clap:

Yshka

Dear Nightdancer,
I would LOVE to work with you in Saudi's Royal Burger Joint. Now that would look so cool on my curriculum....:cool:

I did notice the email, it said some things in Arabic as well. Only thing I could read was "ksm" as well. Think I nearly had a panic attack lol. NOT AGAIN:protest:

Hope Anatoliy finds the hole (well ofcourse he will;), he's Anatoliy)

Last edited:

Latifa

Boy that was a fast recovery, Anatoliy! I got the email yesterday and scooted over here to make sure you knew, and you had already taken care of it.

Suheir

I got the email but I assumed that was because I'd emailed the admin here to tell them of the hacking. :confused:

da Sage

Well, one hour ago the forum was hacked by some Saudi hackers. It didn't take long for me to fix the forum. However I still didn't find the hole they got in, so it's not patched and they can do it again. I contacted the VBulletin team (we run our forum on their software) - hope the hole will be found and fixed before those losers come back again. It looks like after they hacked the forum they sent e-mails to all our members. Sorry about that.

My hero!

The email didn't make much sense to me (being in Arabic), but what little I translated sounded like a self-congratulary announcement of the hack.:confused:

Thanks for the warning, and your vigilance!

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
The hole was found and patched, so if they come back they will have to find another way in.