They hack I unhack. Who will get tired of it first?

sausanacademy

Premium Member
Still Hacked...

Wow! What a surprise that I got chanted to by some fists!

The translation is:

the site has been hacked , we have the power and sorrow to others, from the rouachid kids

As of now, the site is still hacked.

-Sausan

Amber

Still locked out. Im thinking this is going to be a regular thing until somebody patches that hole....

jenc

Still locked out. Im thinking this is going to be a regular thing until somebody patches that hole....

I never log in the regular way so it's not a prob - unless they are doing stuff whilst they are in?

Mosaic

Super Moderator

I never go through the BD forum mainpage, always just click on a link regarding a post in an email, but when I checked the mainpage a short while ago it was back to normal...
~Mosaic

Mouse

I just came in through the main page - congratulations on getting back up so quickly (and so often!) :clap:

Salome

Administrator
Hi all,

so as you noticed the issue continues. Just to give folks a more complete view of what is going on at present: Anatoliy and I purchase this vBulletin forum software. Jelsoft Enterprises makes it and like with any software there are 'open' areas that become apparent after the software is in use. Once this is discovered they 'patch' that open area and release a new version. We are responsible for making sure we have the latest upgrades. However we do not have any control over the software itself, that security is up to Jelsoft. Some time ago we decided to put the forum on its own server so that even if it is hacked, said hackers cannot get to any other part of OrientalDancer.net, the store (on yahoo's server) etc.

After the hack on the 1st, Anatoliy discovered the hole and back door they left behind and deleted it. However they broke in again today which means that not all the backdoors were found and deleted OR there is a hole in the newest vBulletin version.

We are working with the appropriate parties to try to resolve the issue and appreciate everyone's patience and support in the mean time :)

Suheir

Thanks for the update, Salome! Thank you to both of you for your sterling work in getting the forum up and running again so speedily. :D

Yes thanks Anatoliy and Salome! Having been here during the Big Hack 2 years ago, this is pretty minor. It was a smart move to move the forum to different server...my qusetion is: Why are the hackers picking on BD forums?
Yasmine

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I have no doubt that the backdoors will be firmly closed and bolted. Sorry that you have this headache to content with Salome & Anatoliy. Unfortunately the hackers the world over just get better and causing havoc.

As to why they have chosen this forum, probably just because they could. Also they probably have the idea that bellydancers and joyful entertainment is bad stuff, so they are trying to get us to mend our 'shocking' ways!

The crossed hands of their you've been hacked page, if it is the hackers hands and I am guessing they are, look quite youthful and at least one looks very feminine. If they are very young they are very likely testing their skills on something they have been taught is terrible and against their teachings. Hopefully with all holes closed they will go back to their studies and leave us alone!
~Mosaic

da Sage

I got another email. Apparently one of the hackers thinks I will pay for long distance to call him?:lol:

"Was the penetration
ByMister divx
The Mister F-15
To continue through Msn
Mr.DiVx @ HoTMaiL.Com
Mr-F15@HoTMaiL.CoM Or
Via mobile phone966550888927"

It is all a ploy to get the hot naughty Western bellydancers to call them! Little do they know we are old and bitchy (well, I am, anyway)...

Shanazel

Me, too, da Sage. Poor dumb hackers with no life beyond hassling other people. Hard to understand people who delight in destruction and disruption when for the same amount of effort they could achieve something useful, interesting, beautiful or all of the above.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
So....

What happened "this" time? They got back in, and the board went down for quite a long time. Idiots.