Dancing with a flamed sword !!

Tikvah

I love drum circles, even when they're not pro's. A way to help out a drum circle caught on enless repeat is to find the lead drummer and ask for what you want. Even if they only know two rhythms, they can vary the tempo for you and switch off a bit. Maybe teach them a new one to try out? I had to do it this last weekend, so I guess I'm not shy. I got some new drummers to learn moqsoum- hooray! The biggest challenge was getting the beer drinking ones to play quietly ;) I think those dancers in the video would have had more to work with if the music had had more variety. The fire thing I'm just not into.

Drum circles are fun....I've actually never performed to live drummers, but I have danced for fun in a drum circle. That's an awesome idea about teaching the drummers another rhythm! I'll have to learn how to explain other rhythms (or learn how to drum myself!

Tikvah

It's lovely.. Why change...There can't be many TIkvah's out there

I've never met another person dancing with the name Tikvah.....I think the universe is telling me to stick with Tikvah everywhere I go :) I have danced with my "mundane" nickname Casey for performances that aren't strictly bellydance (like a hoop solo that I did about a year ago)

((hugs)) thanks for the encouragement!

Jane

Drum circles are fun....I've actually never performed to live drummers, but I have danced for fun in a drum circle. That's an awesome idea about teaching the drummers another rhythm! I'll have to learn how to explain other rhythms (or learn how to drum myself!

Borrow their drum or bring your own and beat it out for them, play it on your zills so they can hear it, or speak in drum-ese (dum,tek,tek-a-ta stuff) Most drummers are just happy you care! I love drummers! :clap: Any drummers/musicians want to weigh in here?