Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Banned

I just got a private message from someone who's got Banned under their name. What is this? Should I avoid them? Have they been slung off the site?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    I just got a private message from someone who's got Banned under their name. What is this? Should I avoid them? Have they been slung off the site?
    Maybe they were posting a lot of spam or some offensive stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post

Dear Kharis,
    Usually on this site, if someone is banned, it is because they have done something pretty darn offensive, but it really is up to you whom you choose to associate with in cyberspace and in real life!! We have had a couple of truly offensive or truly crazy individuals who were banned with the majority blessing
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

If a person is banned he/she can't post, reply or send PM. So if you got a PM from someone it means he/she is not banned. Please send me the message you got.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoliy View Post
    If a person is banned he/she can't post, reply or send PM. So if you got a PM from someone it means he/she is not banned. Please send me the message you got.
    I've done this. It was just a bit of an odd message, and the person has Banned under their username

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kharis for posting this. I got a private message from someone who was banned, and I had no idea what it meant until now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I got one as well, directing me to a Buddhist website, the sender when I looked later was banned. The person concerned had posted on the forums some four times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khanjar View Post
    Yes, I got one as well, directing me to a Buddhist website, the sender when I looked later was banned. The person concerned had posted on the forums some four times.
    I have gotten two with the Buddhist website reference with the identical wording from two names. I am glad to see both names banned.

Amarise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amarise View Post
    I have gotten two with the Buddhist website reference with the identical wording from two names. I am glad to see both names banned.

Amarise
    It's not only happening here, this link to buddhist websites, it is happening on other forums too, usually a new member with only one or two posts to their name. It just makes the mind boggle as to why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khanjar View Post
    It's not only happening here, this link to buddhist websites, it is happening on other forums too, usually a new member with only one or two posts to their name. It just makes the mind boggle as to why.
    I did not even go to the site. For all I know, I go there and then there is some virus or spyware attached to that link. It is always beeter to be safe if you don't know the individual or their intentions.

Amarise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast