Banned

Kharis

I just got a private message from someone who's got Banned under their name. What is this? Should I avoid them? Have they been slung off the site?

Aisha Azar

I just got a private message from someone who's got Banned under their name. What is this? Should I avoid them? Have they been slung off the site?

Dear Kharis,
Usually on this site, if someone is banned, it is because they have done something pretty darn offensive, but it really is up to you whom you choose to associate with in cyberspace and in real life!! We have had a couple of truly offensive or truly crazy individuals who were banned with the majority blessing
Regards,
A'isha

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
If a person is banned he/she can't post, reply or send PM. So if you got a PM from someone it means he/she is not banned. Please send me the message you got.

Kharis

If a person is banned he/she can't post, reply or send PM. So if you got a PM from someone it means he/she is not banned. Please send me the message you got.

I've done this. It was just a bit of an odd message, and the person has Banned under their username

Jahzaal

Thanks Kharis for posting this. I got a private message from someone who was banned, and I had no idea what it meant until now.

khanjar

Yes, I got one as well, directing me to a Buddhist website, the sender when I looked later was banned. The person concerned had posted on the forums some four times.

Amarise

Yes, I got one as well, directing me to a Buddhist website, the sender when I looked later was banned. The person concerned had posted on the forums some four times.

I have gotten two with the Buddhist website reference with the identical wording from two names. I am glad to see both names banned.

Amarise

khanjar

I have gotten two with the Buddhist website reference with the identical wording from two names. I am glad to see both names banned.

Amarise

It's not only happening here, this link to buddhist websites, it is happening on other forums too, usually a new member with only one or two posts to their name. It just makes the mind boggle as to why.

Amarise

It's not only happening here, this link to buddhist websites, it is happening on other forums too, usually a new member with only one or two posts to their name. It just makes the mind boggle as to why.

I did not even go to the site. For all I know, I go there and then there is some virus or spyware attached to that link. It is always beeter to be safe if you don't know the individual or their intentions.

Amarise

khanjar

I applaud your caution, but me, I went there, as I go to other links provided on this site. Despite how much dislike I have for my OS, I do know the security is pretty hot so have no fear of treading where I wish to tread.

But why the need to promote buddhism, I understand if someone has 'seen the light' and feels the need to pass on the good word, but sneaking around on websites sending people messages is kind of creepy.

Amarise

I applaud your caution, but me, I went there, as I go to other links provided on this site. Despite how much dislike I have for my OS, I do know the security is pretty hot so have no fear of treading where I wish to tread.

But why the need to promote buddhism, I understand if someone has 'seen the light' and feels the need to pass on the good word, but sneaking around on websites sending people messages is kind of creepy.

I live with a husband in I.T. and I have been "instructed" and "trained" to avoid these things. :lol: We always have updated protection on our computer, but my husband always tells me to still be cautious. :)

Yeah, the gist of the message was confusing to me too.

Amarise