Thread: Lurker alert!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Lurker alert!

HI all you fab ladies!
    I have been lurking on this site for a while now and find it extremely helpful and interesting. Well I finally have a big question of my own, it is in the dance style section. I am after a specific Aida Nour choregrahpy, Mandam Al'ek.
    I danced for about 4 years from 2002-2006 untill I became pregnant with my first son. Of course things have been very hectic since then!
    I have started dancing again, just half an hour once a week in the spare room but will start doing classes again next year. My aim is to either teach again or to perform as much as possible, I love dressing up in sparklies!
    I am performing in December at my mum's group end of year function and am very excited about it.

Post Thanks / Like

lets try this again. Look at Little Egypt Home Page and see if they have what you want. They have quite a few workshops done by her on DVD and Vhs. They respond quickly to e-mail
    hope this helps and welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jo! Don't stay a lurker, I am sure you could also contribute a lot by posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knitting Jo View Post
    HI all you fab ladies!
    I have been lurking on this site for a while now and find it extremely helpful and interesting. Well I finally have a big question of my own, it is in the dance style section. I am after a specific Aida Nour choregrahpy, Mandam Al'ek.
    I danced for about 4 years from 2002-2006 untill I became pregnant with my first son. Of course things have been very hectic since then!
    I have started dancing again, just half an hour once a week in the spare room but will start doing classes again next year. My aim is to either teach again or to perform as much as possible, I love dressing up in sparklies!
    I am performing in December at my mum's group end of year function and am very excited about it.
    Welcome, Knitting Jo!

Both I and Aisha knit a bit, and I'm sure there are knitters here too. Sorry I can't help with the choreography, but I hope you stick around!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    Welcome, Knitting Jo!

Both I and Aisha knit a bit, and I'm sure there are knitters here too. Sorry I can't help with the choreography, but I hope you stick around!

Dear Knitting Jo,
    Welcome to the forum. da Sage can probably knit circles around me since I am terrified to start my first project that is not a hat or scarf. I went and bought some cheap yarn for my first sweater. Marya on the forum is also a knitter and she knits wonderful stuff. Anyway, please join the forum and participate. Aida Nour is one of the two dancers I currently want to study with live, the other being Randa!
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums! I knit too- more improvisational though...LOL

Hope to see more posts from you!

*hugs*

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have been a knitting addict for about 3 years now, and I think when I start dancing properly again it will be replaced by that old addiction of mine - making costumes!
    I was trying to come up with a suitably mysterious name for the forums but decided to stick to my Ravelry nick to make it easier to remember!

Post Thanks / Like

I sorta knit, but try not to let anyone see the results. It's actually more like knotting than knitting... I prefer to weave and embroider, but that does not prevent me from admiring the knitting whizzes around me! Welcome to you, K-Jo. Costume makers are always welcome. A'isha is a professional costume maker (take a bow, A'isha).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    A'isha is a professional costume maker (take a bow, A'isha).
    *a round of applause for Aisha*

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    I'm a knitter too! Only started last year but am a-freaking-ddicted. Now that the summer's (kind of) here I'm finding it has slowed down a bit though.
    Ravelry! I've been meaning to join for aaaages...