Marwa - Motreb 7ambouli

Yshka

Dear everybody,

I have quite a weird request. I heard a song the other day that I absolutely adore. However, I have no information whatsoever except a very messy description. I'll try anyways:

It's a very cute popsong, I think either Lebanese or Egyptian. The singer is female with a very sweet, childlike voice. I think the lyrics might be a bit cheeky. It's a really cute song with a nice beat/tempo to it.

As far as lyrics, I only remember she rhymes (and I'm not sure but it did sound like it) "aisha" with "shisha" halfway during the song. Plus I remember background vocals, women singing "laalaa" or something alike every sentence or so.

would be like:
"...........Aisha"
laala
"..........shisha"
laala...

I'm sorry I can't give anything more, it's the only thing I remember. I have to find it however, it's been in my head and driving me nuts ever since, I love it!!

I'm really praying my description makes sense to somebody.
Thanks!:pray:

Yshka

Motreb 7ambouli

Hi all,

I just discovered through a member of a lyrics forum it is Marwa's song Motreb 7ambouli. I also got a translation from the lyrics forum which I'd like to share here and want to create a bit of a debate about this song.

While searching around for Azooza, which Marwa also did, I ran into quite a lot of different opinions on Marwa's style etc. This seems to be a silly song, judging from the translation, and I hear different comments about Marwa being either cute, modern, rebellious or quite trashy. I will post the video clip as well and I'd like to know what you think (input from Arabic speaking members as well, who might shed a light on the words Marwa uses to end her sentences that don't quite make sense to me).

Thanks!!

So here's the video (if anybody knows how to embed a video, please help)
YouTube - Marwa Motreb Hambouly
Am I wrong or is she 'bellydancing' there??

And the lyrics/translation:

Nawali 123 from Allthelyrics.com said:
Motreb Hamboly- hamboly singer

sedy dely we mekadely- has no meaning !
shad sha3ry we kan derely- he pulled my hair and "kan derely"
2alabooha samba- they turned it to "samba"
samooha romba- they called it "romba"
sa2sa2 3ala weeka - also no meaning here
keda hmbakeka- like this is "hambakeka"
yama 7anshoof lesa- yet we're gonna see more
men ghona 7alabesa- of "7alabesa" song's

ya wala- oh boy!
aywa- yeah

waho kolo el nono kawanono beybee3 fi awanta- and all the "nono's kawanono" are sold for nothing
we ghlobna nenady kawanay beynady fi malta- and we're calling "kawanay" he is calling "malta"
beyghano el nano kawanano we ba2eena fi za7ma- they are singing the "nano kawanano" and we are stucked in the traffic
3ayzeeny el neeny kawaneeny yaba 7abet ra7ma- those "neeny kawaneeny" needs mercy

motreb 7amboly- 7amboly singer
la3la3 ya 7alooly- raise your voice "7alooly"
welkol yeda2da2- and everybody is "yeda2da2"
wahy zambaleeta- and its "zambaleeta"

warkab sawary- riding the "sawary"
west el 7awary- among the "7awary"
we a3mel boleeka- and making "boleeka"
keda fabrateeka- like this "fabrateeka"

ra2asny- Dance me
ata3ny- cut me?! >>> what the hell!:think:
lawa3ny- make me sick

waho kolo el nono kawanono beybee3 fi awanta
we ghlobna nenady kawanay beynady fi malta
beyghano el nano kawanano we ba2eena fi za7ma
3ayzeeny el neeny kawaneeny yaba 7abet ra7ma

ma32ool di 3eesha- is that a living
di ba2et forkeesha- that is a "forkeesha"
dokhan 3ala sheesha- smoke over the water pipe
tar zay el reesha- he flew like a feather

yaba 2ool taralaly- say "taralaly"
we aman ya lalaly- and "aman ya lalay"
da ana asly sokar- am made of sugar
sokar we ma7aly- sugar and candy

sedy dely we mekadely
shad sha3ry we kan derely
2alabooha samba
samooha romba
sa2sa2 3ala weeka
keda hmbakeka
yama 7anshoof lesa
men ghona 7alabesa

:cool::cool:

Yshka

Thanks a lot Mosaic!!:)

I was thinking the same thing about the song. A fellow dancer danced to it at a restaurant a few years back. I don't know however with such lyrics hehe:lol:.

Yshka

Anybody?:pray:

I'm wondering how to view Marwa and her songs as an 'artist' and how the sillyness of this song is to be seen. This seems to be a silly song, judging from the translation, and I hear different comments about Marwa being either cute and modern or rebellious and trashy.

I would love for any Arabic speaking members to shed a light on the context of the song/videoclip and the words Marwa uses to end her sentences that don't quite make sense to me.