Old Thread: Major Costume Malfunction

Tenica

Hello Everyone,

I´m not sure if this is possible, but I´m looking for a Thread that was started several months ago I believe. It was about a costume malfunction caught on video and inappropriate costume choices. Does anyone remember that one and how I can find it?

It was full of good advice and suggestions that I didn´t get a chance to make note of.

Thanks,
Tenica

Dev

hi Tenica..
If my memory is giving me all the right signals , it was started by Amulya. She is a resource for all the funny stuffs. Please notice Amulya.:)

Hello Everyone,
I´m looking for a Thread that was started several months ago I believe. It was about a costume malfunction caught on video and inappropriate costume choices. Does anyone remember that one and how I can find it?

Zurah

Was that the one that started with the clip in which the dancer's bra snapped? If I remember correctly, that performance was part of a BD contest in Eastern Europe...

Salome

Administrator
The archives are retired, sorry. But check www.beledi.ru I bet the clip came from there.

Amulya

hi Tenica..
If my memory is giving me all the right signals , it was started by Amulya. She is a resource for all the funny stuffs. Please notice Amulya.:)

Maybe it ws me, I think I got it from Bhuz. But the clip ws taken down. And I think that's a good thing...

What about our own costume malfunctions? I had a bra strap popping one time, but that was at the end of a show and no one noticed. Still I hate the memory!

Alaya

I had problems with my skirt, it is too long and it is finished with small coins so I am praying each time not to step on them. It is realy hard to finde perfect cotiume. Love, Alaya

Moon

That clip was on youtube too. I tried to find it yesterday, but I can't find it anymore.

Tenica

Hello Ladies,

I remembered Salome advising us that the old archives was now retired and figured that this thred was there somewhere. I was just hopeful that it was possible to retrieve it somehow. But thanks anyway!

It´s a shame, because I wanted to make note of the different suggestions and advice given about what to do and what NOT to do when it came to choosing the appropriate costume.

I´m not sure, but I think in this thread, a lot of people also commented on the Do´s and don´ts while performing to avoid giving a bad image or appearing provocative and/or vulgar. It was really a good one.

Tenica

Shanazel

Shanazel's short list of what not to wear:

Nipple tassles
Bicycle shorts (I saw a picture of Dina performing in bicycle shorts and a sports bra- ugh)
Skirt too long (slip and fall disaster waiting to happen, and no one to sue but yourself!)
Uneven skirt hem (for example, three inches longer in the front than in the back- I'm not talking about deliberately slanted or handkerchief hems, but poorly measured hems)
Any bra that lets a dancer silently announce to her audience that she is a bit chilly
Hips bands so low that the audience can tell if the dancer colors the hair on her head
Any costume revealing backside cleavage

Tenica

Shanazel's short list of what not to wear: Any costume revealing backside cleavage

I laughed out loud hard on that one!

I will never be able to put a skirt on to perform again without double checking for backside cleavage. Still laughing!!!

Tenica

Last edited:

Amulya

Nipple tassles
Bicycle shorts (I saw a picture of Dina performing in bicycle shorts and a sports bra- ugh)
Skirt too long (slip and fall disaster waiting to happen, and no one to sue but yourself!)
Uneven skirt hem (for example, three inches longer in the front than in the back- I'm not talking about deliberately slanted or handkerchief hems, but poorly measured hems)
Any bra that lets a dancer silently announce to her audience that she is a bit chilly
Hips bands so low that the audience can tell if the dancer colors the hair on her head

This is so funny!

Suhad

Saw this!!! Relatively famous dancer performing locally at a fundraising hafla -- shave marks, actually...and she stepped on her skirt so the second also graced us all...