Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Hi A'isha,
    I have heard you say this before and I really like this take on it. It goes completely against what you usually hear from teachers,the "they don't know what it should look like anyway" or " they can't do it better" comment, usually said to calm nervous performers.
    I'm sorry you live among such poor teachers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sedoniaraqs View Post
    I'm sorry you live among such poor teachers.
    Oh A'isha and Sedoniaraqs! I really don't believe it's that bad. I would never think that all the teachers here wouldn't care about their audience or think that it's all about themselves, I know it's not like that. This is also not limited to bellydance. I've heard it before performances with the drama class, modern dance, music class, choir etc. I think it's one of those things you say to calm your students because they are really nervous.

This way of thinking about the audience did something good for me and I just wanted to acknowledge that. It's extremely harsh to judge all the teachers around me just because something I said on this forum.

Sorry for the off topic-post.
    Last edited by gisela; 06-16-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: off topic-excuse
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to pick some music to dance to and found a couple of Oum Kalthoum instrumental pieces I liked...and I thought how would I feel if it was an English song and I thought it would be strange if the emotion of the dance did not match the emotion of the lyrics-even if the lyrics werent being sung...but I didn't really recall it being discussed so I was curious what the consensus was...Thanks...

Stacy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12