Ways to pamper yourself

miss_shimmy

have a nap!!

you dont have to fully sleep,just stretch out,relax and think beautiful thoughts

hugs

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Alaya

Well ofcourse. but sometimes you just can't go on withought some sleap.It is true, if I am tiered just a litlle streaching and I am ready to go.
Love, Alaya

miss_shimmy

before you shower

glad you enjoyed the tip alaya :)

tip of the day

before you shower or bath,use a dry loofah to brush your whole body.use long sweeping strokes over your whole body towards your heart.
follow this with a relaxing bath and a full moisture afterwards.
certain scents like vanilla,lavendar,cucumber and green apple have been proved to increase relaxing alpha waves in the brain.

i often use olive oil to moisture with,i like to add a little to my bath as thats when my pores are open to take in the moisture.at 30 years old my skin is supersoft and wrinkle free.

hugs and smiles

:)

amanda
xxxxxxxxxx

samsied

I also thought I would mention a couple books I have that have great ideas on this topic....

Natural Home Spa by Sian Rees

Beauty of the East: A book of Oriental Body Care by Wendy Buonaventura. This is my favorite of her books that I have read. I also have Serpent of the Nile and I Put A Spell on You (Something in the Way She Moves in the US). The other books seem to have some misinformation and come from a certain perspective. I didn't notice it as much with this book.

--Sam

samsied

Nice ideas! Just reading them is relaxing. :)

I second the suggestion of bodybrushing. Instead of a luffah, I use a soft bath brush. Mine has bristles on one side and rubber massage nubs on the other. It is made by a company called "Opal of London".

I have quite a bath ritual consisting of: running water with a tiny bit of olive oil and a bathbomb or bubble bath (my favorite is Hollywood by Lush--a Christmas only item they sell that smells like Jasmine and Rose). If I am feeling heathy I drink chilled water or fruit juice in the bath, if I am feeling more hedonisic than I prefer a fruity coctail, martini or chilled glass of bubbly. Oh, I may also play an I-tunes playlist of my favorite relaxing, sessual songs. In the bath I read a good book (anything by Isabel Allende is perfect for this type of bath). Candlelight is also good. Afterwards, wrap up in a cozy robe!

At one time, this was a weekly ritual. Alas it has been months since I have done this. Hmmmm....
--Sam

miss_shimmy

:)

oh yes!!someone else who adds olive oil to their bath,I knew i couldnt be the only one!!
yeh those brushes are awesome,I have one of those too :)
I need to use it more,I am just running a nice bubble bath ,so I will make it a habit to use it everytime :)

decide that you are going to be your own best friend,tell yourself what you like about yourself and why :)

I love the sound of those books,wonder if they will have them here in the uk,if not maybe i could find them on the internet.

hugs and smiles

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Alaya

Wow. so many good tips! I love them. I once heared of a home made peeling for boody. You just have to mix honey with salt and put it on your boody. I have never use it, but I heared it is realy good.
Love, Alaya

samsied

I love the sound of those books,wonder if they will have them here in the uk,if not maybe i could find them on the internet. amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Amanda, I use to live in the UK and that is where I found those books mentioned earlier. The home spa one was in the budget section of one of the big stores and the one about "Oriental beauty" was written by a Brittish author/dancer. I think they are both available in the US as well. --Sam

miss_shimmy

honey and salt

olive oil and salt or
honey and salt

put on the skin for five minutes,then rinse off ,makes your skin feel youthful and soft as velvet!its amazing!!

hugs and smiles

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Attachments

• View1.jpg
    View1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 13
  • view3.jpg
    view3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 9
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 8
  • View4.jpg
    View4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 10

Mair

Use honey as a face mask. Take a little bit out of the jar, heat it so that it spreads, slather a generous layer over your face (make sure your hair is away from your face!), and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. It'll make your skin glow, it's amazing.

Babylonia

Taking time for yourself is so important and mothers often put their needs behind that of their families. I belong to a YMCA that has a whirlpool, sauna and steam room. So once a week I drop my daughter off in the childcare room and take my body brush, oils, masks etc and give myself a spa treatment.

miss_shimmy

you are right :)

that honey mask realy worked so very well :)

oh yes babylonia I totally agree with you,its vital we take time out,I think thats why the dancing is such an amazing powerful thing as it gives us all we need just for ourselves.

If you suffer with a swollen belly at anytime,add a chamomile essential oil,diluted in a carrier oil to your bath

hugs and smiles

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

bath mix

when you next take a lovely bath :)

mix in a jug:

* 1 mug of milk
* drop or 2 olive oil
* juice of one lemon

put this into your bath whilst its running...enjoy!!

zahra

Hand treatment

Wash your hands with your favorite cleanser.

Sprinkle sugar on the back of your hands

Use the fingers of your right hand to make small gentle circles over the back of
your left hand. Repeat other side.

Rinse both hands with warm water to remove the sugar

Dry hands completely

Use a rich hand lotion

miss_shimmy

a yoghurt and walnut facial scrub for all skin types

* half a cup of plain yoghurt
* half a cup of finely ground walnuts

blend the yoghurt and the nuts,
wet your face and then gently work in the scrub.

rinse and smile:)

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx