OK then Belly Dance Superstars Show

lizaj

How were the shows? Anyone stand out? What was Suhaila like?

Friday..mostly very good...a far better show than Sat...Amel and Leyla were highlights for me.
The Sat mat..The Uzume
Sat show Bozenca and Petite Jamilla. Lovely choreography patterns on the stage by Jillina I assume
Open Platform ..a German couple doing a tango fusion

Suhalia, I am afraid comes into my mmmmm catagory but she wasn't the only one .

Suheir

Friday..mostly very good...a far better show than Sat...Amel and Leyla were highlights for me.
The Sat mat..The Uzume
Sat show Bozenca and Petite Jamilla. Lovely choreography patterns on the stage by Jillina I assume
Open Platform ..a German couple doing a tango fusion

Suhalia, I am afraid comes into my mmmmm catagory but she wasn't the only one .
Was there a printed programme so we can see a run-down of the performers? I've been to two BDSS shows, the first and second times they came here. I thought the second show was the poorer for lack of BellyQueen but as for the rest, seen it once and that was enough. Jillina was the only performer with stage presence.

lizaj

Was there a printed programme so we can see a run-down of the performers? I've been to two BDSS shows, the first and second times they came here. I thought the second show was the poorer for lack of BellyQueen but as for the rest, seen it once and that was enough. Jillina was the only performer with stage presence.
No we had no programme so I'll do my best to remember
Sat show\;
First half
Bozenka
Tribal solo Cami
Fathiem
Suhalia and Isabella
Tribal solo Sam
Sophie Mei
Morocco

Second half: BDSS
2 choreos number
Bellynesion
Ballet fusion
Tribal
Petite Jamilla 4 veils and Tannoura(?:rolleyes:)
Drum solo with Jillina and Issam...doing the audience part.bit

Some of this I was seeing for the third time:confused:

Friday contained:
Hilary Thacker
Shafeek and Tara
Ozgen
Maria D'Silva
Amel Tafsout
Michelle pender
Dawn O'Brien
Anne Kingston
Raks Macarb
Leyla and Roland

Sat Matinee:
Tarab company
The Uzume
Houda and Mohammed
Adara dance company
Candi Colgrave Bell
Caroline Afifi
Tribe Kismet...I think they were in that section

I am bound to have forgotten somebody..Sorrreee
Some fab people were on open platform like the Tango folks and Raheesha

Suheir

Sat show\;
First half
Bozenka
Tribal solo Cami
Fathiem
Suhalia and Isabella
Tribal solo Sam
Sophie Mei
Morocco

Second half: BDSS
2 choreos number
Bellynesion
Ballet fusion
Tribal
Petite Jamilla 4 veils and Tannoura(?:rolleyes:)
Drum solo with Jillina and Issam...doing the audience part.bit

Some of this I was seeing for the third time:confused:

Friday contained:
Hilary Thacker
Shafeek and Tara
Ozgen
Maria D'Silva
Amel Tafsout
Michelle pender
Dawn O'Brien
Anne Kingston
Raks Macarb
Leyla and Roland

Sat Matinee:
Tarab company
The Uzume
Houda and Mohammed
Adara dance company
Candi Colgrave Bell
Caroline Afifi
Tribe Kismet...I think they were in that section

I am bound to have forgotten somebody..Sorrreee
Some fab people were on open platform like the Tango folks and Raheesha
Thanks for the run-down! Friday's sounds like the best show. I think I'd have to claw out my own eyes if I was made to sit through that dire "Bellynesian" again. :confused:

lizaj

Thanks for the run-down! Friday's sounds like the best show. I think I'd have to claw out my own eyes if I was made to sit through that dire "Bellynesian" again. :confused:
Sat matinee was also a real winner especailly as you got to see it on a day or weekend pass

Oh and boogy time with Natascha was wonderful..lovely to see Fathiem up dancing with Shafeek and Ozgen and a lovely female dancer..just in jeans and T shirt...and whooping it up

Caroline_afifi

Houda and Mohamed were my personal favourites!!!
Amel Tafsout was gorgous but looked very quiet next to all the Pizazz so was lost a little.
Surprisingly, I absolutely loved Raqs Macabre. Christine Emery is very innovative and fun (Not bellydance but highly entertaining never the less).
To be fair, I dont think I saw anyone who was not good in either show.
There were many good performances on Friday night and Saturday Matinee.
I didnt see the Superstars show.

lizaj

:lol: I dont think so Sedonia they were invited guests...however still bizarre I agree considering all the debates on authenticity etc etc.

Amel was in the Friday night show which was UK and European dancer but obviously wasn't just!
Morocco along with Suhalia and Fathiem was in the first hafla of the BDSS Sat. night show. I don't recall saying they were sooperstars:D but they were on the programme.

Between you and me and the thousands reading this thread if you had to miss one of the shows ( as did Caroline) you aughten'd to have missed the Fri night and the Sat. matinee.
And I saw open platform moments that topped the Sat. show!

My top moments:
The Uzume,Tango duo,Leyla Jouvana and yes Houda..proof : a wild audience!:clap:

Salome

Administrator
Totally off topic, sorry... Had to say how much I am looking forward to Amel. She and I are performing in the same production next month and I've not had the chance to see her dance before.

Suheir

Totally off topic, sorry... Had to say how much I am looking forward to Amel. She and I are performing in the same production next month and I've not had the chance to see her dance before.
Ooh, excellent! I kept seeing her everywhere a few years before I took my first belly dance class - in street festivals, on TV, at a concert of Algerian music. She even used to do story telling for Eid at my local primary schools!

da Sage

Have you seen Bozenka in the BDSS? I have only seen her on video, but I would kill to see her live!

I found that the tribal fusion girls exhibited the most presence at our BDSS stop. I'm not sure why that was; I expected more BANG from the cab fusion dancers, and never got it. Jillina's got skills, though, and she connected well with the audience.

lizaj

Have you seen Bozenka in the BDSS? I have only seen her on video, but I would kill to see her live!

I found that the tribal fusion girls exhibited the most presence at our BDSS stop. I'm not sure why that was; I expected more BANG from the cab fusion dancers, and never got it. Jillina's got skills, though, and she connected well with the audience.

Bozenka was certainly the best for me. The tribal fusion frankly was done with far more pzazz by The Uzume.

Suheir

Sadly, no. I was hoping to take a workshop with Bozenka, which must have been the third time the BDSS were over here, but she didn't make it after all. I took a workshop with Jillina instead, that time, and I was really disappointed as I didn't find it at all challenging. I'd taken several workshops with Jillina when she first came over to teach at Fantasia in London, before the BDSS came, and enjoyed those but between then and the last workshop I took with her I'd been travelling abroad virtually every month to take workshops with Egyptian master teachers so maybe my standard had gone up or she'd dumbed-down, or a bit of both!

Damariz

Friday contained:
Hilary Thacker
Shafeek and Tara
Ozgen
Maria D'Silva
Amel Tafsout
Michelle pender
Dawn O'Brien
Anne Kingston
Raks Macarb
Leyla and Roland

Do tell, what was ozgen's performance like? Did he do his fabulous turkish rom?

lizaj

Do tell, what was ozgen's performance like? Did he do his fabulous turkish rom?

rope and shirt ripping.
Like Caroline I was distracted from his strong and skilful dancing by silly female shrieking.
To those daft women (young and older)Oh just behave:( wil ya?;);)