Post Thanks / Like

Default Gypsy Caravan stage! Be there or be square

Greetings all,

There is an annual event coming up next month that I've long performed at. And this year I've been doing part of the producing too. I wanted to let folks know what a killer line up we have this year!

Our house band is coming together from California, Oregon and Washington. We have Ganapati (Hamsa Lila) playing oud, THE master kanun player Ishmael, we have Belinda Underwood (Wazn al Sharq) on upright bass, George Sadak (MB Orchestra) on Tabla and Kevin Hylton (Spice of Life) on tabla. Holy hot band, I can't wait!

Our house dancers are Amel Tafsout, Aziza, Salome, Sharon Kihara, Elena Villa, Claudia, Colleena and the list goes on! Our guest dancers are Rachel Brice and The Indigo... Three days in a row, all day long. People interested can visit this page for the details Gypsy Caravan Stage
    Last edited by Salome; 06-18-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Salome, that sounds great. Wish I was in Oregon - I would definitely come along!

Post Thanks / Like

oh why oh why dont u guys come to calgary, you'll get the biggest welcome and the best hospitality than you would in any other area!

Post Thanks / Like

It's Tuesday and I'm just starting to recover from the event this last weekend The band was smoking hot! We also had several people end up sitting in, Peter Jaques on Clarinet - WOW, and Dan Cantrell on accordion, very accomplished player - both from the bay area. Also Wayne and Denise got in on the action playing riq and duff. The dancing was just top notch. I actually have a few new dance crushes - Sharon Kihara and Claudia! I was so busy with back stage stuff that I didn't even get ONE picture this year but others did and I hope I can share a few with all. Actually I have one kind of fuzzy one, you can see the stage, and the back of my dress, lol.