Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Luscious is far easier than Pop, Lock and Shimmy. Drills, drills, drills is easier than Pop but still too hard for me to work on for more han a little time. Still that means I am not about to grow out of them any time soon, so I have got my money's worth lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Me too. Luscious is far easier than Pop, Lock and Shimmy. Drills, drills, drills is easier than Pop but still too hard for me to work on for more han a little time. Still that means I am not about to grow out of them any time soon, so I have got my money's worth lol!!
    yayyyy - i just bought Luscious and jenna's Perfect Hips Belly Dance Workout thanks so much for your reviews!

oh i mean michelle's Perfect Hips Belly Dance Workout lol.

Post Thanks / Like

hey

i finally looked at the Pop Lock n Shimmy, and i have to say i'm so loving michelle first of all, and secondly i find this dvd super fantastic for my beginner level! everything is so well explained, shown, and done nice and slowly to strengthen correctiveness from the very beginning. love this one alot, and think i'll do this till my Luscious comes!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing is, one of the sets was actually the roof of the sewage treatment plant in town here where they shot. I still can't believe they made them dance there.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought Sarah Skinner`s I Love Turkish Bellydance dvd, haven`t got it yet (needs to come from the USA) but am looking forward to it and if anyone has it would appreciate a review.
    I also have the Belly Twins, the first two, I liked them because for a clutz like me they`re easy enough to follow and they help me exercise.
    I also have Blanca`s Sensual DVD and love it! I`ve already learned a lot from it but I do wish she wouldn`t stop halfway through demonstrating a move to start talking! I don`t mean she talks you through the move, but gets halfway through one then kind of wanders vocally about it....but for all that I love the dvd.

I wish someone would make an instructional dvd about making costumes!
    And I zamzarred the Shimmy videos, also wish we had that show over here, looked on their website but the dvd set is a little expensive for me right now so I have to make do with the segments downloaded from Youtube. I love them, they have taught me little routines and it does make a difference to watch it in such lovely settings and with pretty costumes.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm almost 100% certain that this still isn't it...i'm going to go look for you.

I'll be back!

Found it!

http://www.bellydanceforums.net/inst...-you-have.html

Last edited by Mya; 04-06-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Found the thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mya (((((((( )))))))))))))
    That was a brilliant thread to read....can`t find any mention of the dvd I mentioned though there is one of another of Sarah`s which was interesting. Lots of great ideas and reviews so that I know what to look out for now.
    I`ll do a review of the dvd when I get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ladies please, if you are interested in classical Egyptian oriental dance. Please use this DVD FATEN SALAMA -- Native Egyptian Master Instructor of Danse Oriental 2009 Her basic moves DVDs is good even if you are advanced.

Do yourself a favor. I looked at the previous lists and I wanted to

I wasted so much money on bad dvds and teachers. I am truly blessed to learn from Faten Salama and I highly recommend her dvds. If you ever get the chance to do her workshops or class do it! She is the real thing!!!

For obvious reasons (cultural family taboo stuff) she did not perform oriental. She was a soloist folkloric dancer. But, in private she knew how to dance oriental like no one's business. Back in the day and still today she is well known in the Egyptian dance world and she is well respected by legends such as Fifi Abdo etc.
    Last edited by Maxine; 09-09-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Ladies please, if you are interested in classical Egyptian oriental dance. Please use this DVD FATEN SALAMA -- Native Egyptian Master Instructor of Danse Oriental 2009 Her basic moves DVDs is good even if you are advanced.

Do yourself a favor. I looked at the previous lists and I wanted to

I wasted so much money on bad dvds and teachers. I am truly blessed to learn from Faten Salama and I highly recommend her dvds. If you ever get the chance to do her workshops or class do it! She is the real thing!!!

For obvious reasons (cultural family taboo stuff) she did not perform oriental. She was a soloist folkloric dancer. But, in private she knew how to dance oriental like no one's business. Back in the day and still today she is well known in the Egyptian dance world and she is well respected by legends such as Fifi Abdou etc.
    Gosh, I dont think im gonna fork out out 45-50 dollars for a DVD. IMHO Nothing can justify that price. Jenna's Basics and Beyond with 180 min of material for under 20 dollars is a good competition, not to mention lots of other fab and professional DVD in the same price range.

for you IAMED and others charging rip-off prices! At some point it stops being art, and becomes pure money-making.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    Gosh, I dont think im gonna fork out out 45-50 dollars for a DVD. IMHO Nothing can justify that price. Jenna's Basics and Beyond with 180 min of material for under 20 dollars is a good competition, not to mention lots of other fab and professional DVD in the same price range.

for you IAMED and others charging rip-off prices! At some point it stops being art, and becomes pure money-making.
    (edited for bad language) I am her student and I can tell you Faten is not getting rich off these DVDs. I am offering advice from learning from experience shelling out lots of $$ for low-budget worthless DVDS sitting on my shelf. $45 is a bargain for the invaluable information you get. If she charged $100 I would buy her dvds!! Clearly you know nothing about classical Egyptian belly dance. I am glad you will never buy her dvd. You do not deserve her knowledge. And if the price scares you, thank God! Penny wise pound foolish!
    Last edited by Sita; 09-10-2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: edited for bad language

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast