Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

you'll never forget that Merc.
    Darn straight- it was COOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post

Not Pop Lock and Shimmy, but her Drill dvd might -- it's not exactly an equivalent to Sadie's drill dvd though. Based on what you said about your level, I'm not sure you'd get as much value out of Pop Lock and Shimmy as you would Michelle's Drill dvd.

If you can afford it, I would recommend both drill dvds - Sadie's and Michelle's because the content is different. Michelle pretty much sticks to Suhaila style layering, and Sadie branches out a bit to different kinds of layering.
    Great info, thanks a lot, Aziyade. I do have Michelle's Drills Drill Drills--just got it, haven't tried it out yet. Drilling and combinations are really what I need to work right now. So the info is great. I will leave off Pop Lock and Shimmy, but will keep Thrillin Drillin and Sultry Slow Moves on my list. I'm still on the fence about Pops, Locks and Shimmies with Sadie and Kaya--I saw the trailer and didn't care for it.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    How are the Sadie DVDs? I've seen her Complete Bellydance Guide, which is one of the better beginner-level DVDs I've seen, but I'm looking for beyond beginner.

I have Pops Locks and Shimmies with Kaya and Sadie, Sultry Slow Moves, and Thrillin' Drillin' all on my Amazon wishlist. I find Sadie an inspirational dancer but the $40 pricetag per video makes me anxious. I am picky about DVDs and would hate to shell out that much for a DVD that I don't care for.

For those who have seen these, do they offer unique content and sufficient length to justify the cost? Is Michelle Joyce's Pop Lock and Shimmy going to give me the same content for far less money?

Any opinions or reviews highly appreciated!!
    If you like Sadie's Complete Guide you will also like her Ultimate Bellydance dvd which is for intermediate level. She does a lot of upper and lower body drilling and then teaches some combinations to a choreography. I like this dvd and find it much more doable than her Thrillin Drillin dvd. It is also much cheaper than Thrillin Drillin.

I won't get into the affordable versus expensive dvds debate but I have to say that one of my favorite dvds is by Dr Mo Gedawi. His dvd workshops are between $50 - $60 but I think this man is a genius and his dvds have some invaluable material which I have not found anywhere else. And I have a huge collection of over 250 bellydance dvds.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Antigone. Can we all come over to your house for a movie night? We'll bring popcorn.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG - wow - I'll look out for Dr Mo on that recommendation, is there a topic/speciality in particular he covers? - how many hours of back to back bellydance do you reckon you could get out of that many dvd's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Wow, Antigone. Can we all come over to your house for a movie night? We'll bring popcorn.
    Yes everyone is invited but you will have to bring some chocolates too !

Quote Originally Posted by hede View Post
    OMG - wow - I'll look out for Dr Mo on that recommendation, is there a topic/speciality in particular he covers? - how many hours of back to back bellydance do you reckon you could get out of that many dvd's?
    Dr Mo Gedawwi is an oriental and folkloric dancer and choreographer and his technique covers footwork, breathing exercises, basic and complex steps, shimmies. I am just a begginer and a friend of mine raved on about him and lend me his dvd. I see he has a lot of dvd workshops with Little Egypt covering many topics like classical oriental choreographies, baladi, andalusian. Even though they are very pricey I definitelly plan to get some of these workshops ! But what can I say I am a bellydance addict ! ! I am a beginner in bellydance and I love egyptian raks sharqui and midle eastern music. I just wish more egyptian dancers like Randa, Dina and Leila would make instructional dvds, I would get them on the spot !
    Last edited by Shanazel; 09-15-2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: combine posts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
    Dr Mo Gedawwi is an oriental and folkloric dancer and choreographer and his technique covers footwork, breathing exercises, basic and complex steps, shimmies. I am just a begginer and a friend of mine raved on about him and lend me his dvd. I see he has a lot of dvd workshops with Little Egypt covering many topics like classical oriental choreographies, baladi, andalusian. Even though they are very pricey I definitelly plan to get some of these workshops ! But what can I say I am a bellydance addict ! ! I am a beginner in bellydance and I love egyptian raks sharqui and midle eastern music. I just wish more egyptian dancers like Randa, Dina and Leila would make instructional dvds, I would get them on the spot !
    Can anyone point me in the direction of his workshop DVDs? I am curious. I can't seem to find anything but performance DVDs.

Post Thanks / Like

Who said popcorn? LOL Im coming! We gonna have a party going on for weeeeks LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of his workshop DVDs? I am curious. I can't seem to find anything but performance DVDs.
    I think this is the one I have in the link below but apparently it is out of stock or the website is not updated !
    Welcome to Balaha Records

You can check out his new workshops on Little Egypt website.
    Miami and Montreal DVDs April 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yes everyone is invited but you will have to bring some chocolates too !

On this forum, that goes without saying. Have chocolate, will travel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast