Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tucking pelvis?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleD View Post
    Hi Sara..there is a pretty detailed post on this link to another forum on lower abs, so thought you might like to have an a nose

http://heavyhips.tribe.net/thread/5a...3-f754b78521d2
    OK - now I'm confused! "Palika" says "butt must be totally loose" and yet my instructor and every video I've seen, not to mention the thread on butt tucking seems to indicate that the butt is tightened.

Can anyone help me understand this apparent contradiction???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabi View Post
    OK - now I'm confused! "Palika" says "butt must be totally loose" and yet my instructor and every video I've seen, not to mention the thread on butt tucking seems to indicate that the butt is tightened.

Can anyone help me understand this apparent contradiction???
    OOoo.. I would like to know this too! I have run into a similar contradiction!

I have been assuming that "tucked in" refers to the pelvis but NOT the glutial muscles. I give quite a rude pelvic thrust forward - then relax just a little - and use that as my "tucked in" posture and leave my butt muscles loose.
    I want to know if I am doing this correctly!

Thank you for posting this topic!

AT

Post Thanks / Like

It's an unfortunate choice of words that some teacher's use to try to get students to lengthen their spines but pointing the tailbone to the ground.
    You are not actually 'tucking' the pelvis under, but rather are using the psoas muscles (they're located in the lower abdomen and run around the outside of your groin) to push the tailbone so it is pointing to the ground...the buttocks aren't involved at all.
    Think of pulling your belly button in to your spine, but not over-using your abs and completely disengaging your tush!
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gia al Qamar View Post
    It's an unfortunate choice of words that some teacher's use to try to get students to lengthen their spines but pointing the tailbone to the ground.
    You are not actually 'tucking' the pelvis under, but rather are using the psoas muscles (they're located in the lower abdomen and run around the outside of your groin) to push the tailbone so it is pointing to the ground...the buttocks aren't involved at all.
    Think of pulling your belly button in to your spine, but not over-using your abs and completely disengaging your tush!
    Gia

Just repeating the good stuff here

Thanks!! This is very helpful and explains why this move both hurts and helps my (torn) psoas muscle. OK, now that I've been trying to engage my glutes I'll work on concentrating more in and up - the lower abs actually don't give me much problem *whew* and frankly, my butt looked kinda silly and pointed when I clenched :o

Post Thanks / Like

Ah! I am understanding now!
    Great info!

................frankly, my butt looked kinda silly and pointed when I clenched :o
    ROFL! When pointed and clenched I at least look like a HAVE a butt!

AT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim'ema View Post
    Ah! I am understanding now!
    Great info!

ROFL! When pointed and clenched I at least look like a HAVE a butt!

AT
    I DO understand - but mine just looked like a put a pointy hat on it :eek: - I too am in need of some buttage and boobage. Oh my, is there hope ...g

Post Thanks / Like

....... I too am in need of some buttage and boobage. Oh my, is there hope ...g
    Boobage I got, hon! If I could unload some on ya, trust me I would! I think when the gods were handing it out I got a double portion 'cause someone was in the bathroom or something and didn't get theirs! LOL!!

Haven't gotten into any real chest shaking yet for that reason - don't have an industrial bra yet. Once I've got jingles on the mamas and start tossing them around they better be STRAPPED DOWN TO SOMETHING! :p :eek:

Maybe if I jump up and down my boobs will get smaller and my butt will get bigger! Like peanuts settling to the bottom of the bag!

Ya think?
    :p
    AT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim'ema View Post
    .......I got a double portion 'cause someone was in the bathroom or something and didn't get theirs! LOL!!
    Maybe if I jump up and down my boobs will get smaller and my butt will get bigger! Like peanuts settling to the bottom of the bag!

Ya think?
    :p
    AT
    LOL

You have MINE ......... nah, the peanuts will just settle around your knees or ankles :eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I DO understand - but mine just looked like a put a pointy hat on it :eek:
    *DIES* oh gods, Gabs, the images... Now I want pics

You're followin' me around again, aren't you?! Everywhere I go, there's that darned dog runner....

(nb for others, Gabi and I have known each other for years and have a tendancy to follow each other around the net )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
    *DIES* oh gods, Gabs, the images... Now I want pics

You're followin' me around again, aren't you?! Everywhere I go, there's that darned dog runner....

(nb for others, Gabi and I have known each other for years and have a tendancy to follow each other around the net )

:p it's that old saying about great minds - we naturally travel the same directions ..... your boobs and my ummm, ummmm, enthusiasm, that's it enthusiasm ;~)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast