SAve OUr Site

jenc

I'm sure you all remember the suggestion that we all contribute something to thank Salome and Anatolyi for all the hard work in hosting, plus the expenses they occurr.

Salome has just posted thanks for £95, which since I sent $10 means no more than 19 of us have donated if the suggested $5 was sent. Could even be less. There are hundreds of members

WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!!

adiemus

I gave something, can't recall exactly how much but it was around $10 and I agree, there must be more out there! if you enjoy the site, think about it please.

jenc

so we got to £150. That's between 15 and 28 of us. Come on there ar more of you out there. How many hours at minimum wage does £150 cover!! of all the work Salome and anatolyi have put in.

Lydia

i agree ! we must do something...i have to be honest i did not do it yet either...its the how to do i dont have paypal and just sticking in a envelop is a bit well????/ so Salome please put up with my stuppidety and tell me how i can get some to you, i agree wel deserved,and sorry that i have been lazy about this ..i have to tell that ,,wiring,, money is also not going from here so i geuss that is why i did not do yet just to much hustle but if you know how i can do from here tell me please.hugz Lydia

Mosaic

Super Moderator
i agree ! we must do something...i have to be honest i did not do it yet either...its the how to do i dont have paypal and just sticking in a envelop is a bit well????/ so Salome please put up with my stuppidety and tell me how i can get some to you, i agree wel deserved,and sorry that i have been lazy about this ..i have to tell that ,,wiring,, money is also not going from here so i geuss that is why i did not do yet just to much hustle but if you know how i can do from here tell me please.hugz Lydia
Lydia, you actually don't need to register with paypal to donate, if you have a visa card you can still donate on the paypal site. it is very secure. Or maybe you can use your visa on the bellydance shop website, Salome would be able to explain how to do that.

Ladies and gents I add my voice to Jenc's, even $5 helps - If you want to give more but can't do it all at once donate $5 now and $5 next month.

The donate button is on the left under Salome's pic at the top of the page just in case anyone isn't aware it is there
~Mosaic

Last edited:

Reen.Blom

so we got to £150. That's between 15 and 28 of us. Come on there ar more of you out there. How many hours at minimum wage does £150 cover!! of all the work Salome and anatolyi have put in.

$150 not £150 Biiiig difference.....

Aisha Azar

Forum

Dear Gang,
Considering how much information, great advice, education, entertainment, friendship, fun, encouragement and everything else that we share on this forum, I should think every member could contribute. It is not much money at all, and I do understand that there are some people for whom every last penny is vital, but anyone who can afford belly dance lessons, or a new costume or music is generally not in that position!
All of you Oum and Abu Jildahs out there, your Forum needs YOUR contribution!!!
Regards,
A'isha

Lydia

ok i can do it aswell and now so all you lady,s think its ok to put creditcard number in? there is a donation button on this side so can i do it from there? i just feel yaky because you always here dont ever put your creditcard number out there using your compy and go online,so what do you all do than?? please help me out a bit i realy want to help i feel quilty that i did not untill now,because the forum is inportant...have a nice day everybody Lydia

Reen.Blom

ok i can do it aswell and now so all you lady,s think its ok to put creditcard number in? there is a donation button on this side so can i do it from there? i just feel yaky because you always here dont ever put your creditcard number out there using your compy and go online,so what do you all do than?? please help me out a bit i realy want to help i feel quilty that i did not untill now,because the forum is inportant...have a nice day everybody Lydia

Why dont you set up a paypal account? I had one for years and always use it to buy stuff online! You just always must be sure that it is Paypal site that you are using!

Aisha Azar

Payment

Dear Lydia,
I have occasionally used an international money order to pay for something when I have been wary about doing business over the net with my credit card. Also, you might just be able to pay with a regular check if you have such a thing, or just have some money transferred from your account to Salome's. There are many ways that do not involve credit cards. It is a small amount of money and might not be worth it, though if there are extra charges.
Regards,
A'isha

Lydia

thanks ladys for all the suggestions...i can not do paypall cause my bank is in a other country that i live in and there is no homeadres linked to the account ...so reen that is not working....i have to see ,i think i will send salome a veil and roll the money in or something...lol...when i was working in iraq it was not allowed to take money out of the country,so all the artist hade to find ways to take it...we could take 50 procent in dollars out and then 50 procent well>????????????? so we hade to go to the bank when our contract was finished and with somebody from the owner office,and then the bank would change half of iraqy dinars from your salaris into us dollars the rest you hade to spend inside iraq on???????? because there was not much for sale...so everybody was always stuck with iraqy dinars all the artist hade the same dilema...so we found somebody that would change the dinars to dollars in the black market and then we had to hide it....because you have to give the bankpaper from your legally changed dinars to the imigration men when you leave the country,he will count your money so no way you could take more then that....so we use to hide our extra money ...anywhere we could think off,...ofcourse the airport people where not stuppid they deal with it everyday so lol.....you hade to be inventive...i use to be ok and was never in trouble could hide it nicely...i remeber a girl fro the uk she was working with me her name was kathy...she said ,o lydia i dont know what to do i am scared stiff i will be so nerveus at the airport what if they catch me...so i said ok i will hide your money leave me your laguage in my room and you go..if you dont know where it is you can not be nerveus when they open your bags,...so we did ..i told her call me when you get home in the uk then i will tell you where your money is ...so we did ,and of she went...nobody found her money and when she got back home she called me laughing her head of and so happy because she was able to take all her money out....LOL GOOD OLD iraq......My gosh what a time we hade,some of the best memories of my life...good old iraq where did you go.......

Reen.Blom

thanks ladys for all the suggestions...i can not do paypall cause my bank is in a other country that i live in and there is no homeadres linked to the account ...so reen that is not working....i have to see ,i think i will send salome a veil and roll the money in or something...lol...when i was working in iraq it was not allowed to take money out of the country,so all the artist hade to find ways to take it...we could take 50 procent in dollars out and then 50 procent well>????????????? so we hade to go to the bank when our contract was finished and with somebody from the owner office,and then the bank would change half of iraqy dinars from your salaris into us dollars the rest you hade to spend inside iraq on???????? because there was not much for sale...so everybody was always stuck with iraqy dinars all the artist hade the same dilema...so we found somebody that would change the dinars to dollars in the black market and then we had to hide it....because you have to give the bankpaper from your legally changed dinars to the imigration men when you leave the country,he will count your money so no way you could take more then that....so we use to hide our extra money ...anywhere we could think off,...ofcourse the airport people where not stuppid they deal with it everyday so lol.....you hade to be inventive...i use to be ok and was never in trouble could hide it nicely...i remeber a girl fro the uk she was working with me her name was kathy...she said ,o lydia i dont know what to do i am scared stiff i will be so nerveus at the airport what if they catch me...so i said ok i will hide your money leave me your laguage in my room and you go..if you dont know where it is you can not be nerveus when they open your bags,...so we did ..i told her call me when you get home in the uk then i will tell you where your money is ...so we did ,and of she went...nobody found her money and when she got back home she called me laughing her head of and so happy because she was able to take all her money out....LOL GOOD OLD iraq......My gosh what a time we hade,some of the best memories of my life...good old iraq where did you go.......

Wow Lydia, it is an awesome story! Geez, there are things you could never imagine! Oh by the way you should teach me to hide the money! LOL:lol::lol::lol:

Yshka

Dear Lydia,

that sounds amazing. I think the hiding should remain one of those cool little secrets we sometimes get to have;)

Lydia

secret lol yes it was for a long time because all the artist working there hade the same problem...perhaps still do ?? The time i talk about there was war it was the iran -iraq war...so it was alltogether a time that was full of story,s everyday just to go to work and to stay out of trouble ,slip treu the mazez and still put up a good show ,but i loved everyday of it...people know little about that war in the west,but it was some time i can tell you....than we keep the secret between us....half of the money was in her talconpowder plastic bottle and half in her shampoo bottle in a small plastic baggy rolled LOL...ooops dont get any idea,s now lol...have a nice day everybody