Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Liverpool Arabic Arts Festival in July

Sahlalla at the Bluecoat
    Thur 17 and Sat 19 July, 8.00pm
    Performance
    £14, £12
    Headlined by the extraordinary Egyptian dancer, Djamila Hanan, performing for the first time in the UK, this wonderful evening of traditional Middle Eastern dance includes both female and male dancers and the fifteen strong Adara Company. Look out for Houda Amrani, Khaled Mahmoud, Shafeek Ibrahim, Fereshteh Hossieni and Caroline Afifi. Anticipating a high demand we've repeated the programme over two nights

Shifting Sands at the Bluecoat
    Fri 18 July 8.00pm
    £12/£10An evening of performances by artists exploring new territories in Middle Eastern dance. Headlined by Raksan, performing her acclaimed piece, 46, this showcase event also features the dazzling work of Venus Saleh and Wendy Buonaventura

Bellies on the Brain at the Bluecoat
    Sat 19 Jul, 10.30 am - 5.00pm
    Conference
    £30/£25 (does not include the evening performance)Introduced by Caroline Afifi and with a keynote presentation, Oriental Dance: Egypt's Shameful Profession, from Middle Eastern dance expert, Julie Anne Elliot (Shira), as well as seminars led by a number of the Bonanza's artists, this promises to be an intelligent and provocative look at the global explosion of 'belly dance' and the diverse and complex issues surrounding this popular art form. To book tickets visit the Bluecoat - Home or call Tickets and Information on 0151 702 5324

Workshops Sun 20 July, 11.00am - 5.00pm
    at the Bluecoat
    Day ticket £45/£30 (please state a preference for the Masterclass 11.00am - 12.00pm, Free Workshop
    Join Shafeek Ibrahim for Nubian Grooves, a free family beginners' workshop that will get you belly dancing in no time! 11.00am - 1.00pm, Djamila Hanan Masterclass
    £20/£12 or included with the Day Pass and Weekend Pass
    For experienced dancers, this masterclass will focus on advanced Middle Eastern dance technique.
    11.00am - 1.00pm, Raksan Masterclass
    Day Pass or Weekend Pass holders only
    For adventurous dancers keen to use the tools of Middle Eastern dance to create personal new works After lunch the day continues with two further workshops suitable for dancers at all levels and available to Day Pass and Weekend Pass holders only:
    2.15pm - 3.30pm, Khaled Mahmoud
    3.45pm - 5.00pm, Fereshteh Hosseini Buy a day ticket and really push your technique to the next level!

more details from Liverpool Arabic Arts Festival 2008 | Home

Post Thanks / Like

seeing as I am skint and can only afford to go to one performance who would you suggest I book to see Liz?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatinah View Post
    seeing as I am skint and can only afford to go to one performance who would you suggest I book to see Liz?
    Well I am gonna say me aren't I but that includes the rest of the company,Khaled, Shafeek,Houda ,feresteh and Djamilla Hannan
    Thurs or sat night.

Post Thanks / Like

all booked for thursday night...Im dragging the hubby out too

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wanna go to the Thurs one, so will book tickets tomorrow hopefully! Dragging my two mates along.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    I really wanna go to the Thurs one, so will book tickets tomorrow hopefully! Dragging my two mates along.
    It should be a good one!!! Iwould really encourage everyone to come this because it will be a great festival and this year is Liverpools capital of culture year so it should be a really great atmosphere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend Pass?

Hi Liz - do you know anything about the weekend pass mentioned in the blurb re. Sunday's workshops? I've scoured the website and can't find any info about it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deelybopper View Post
    Hi Liz - do you know anything about the weekend pass mentioned in the blurb re. Sunday's workshops? I've scoured the website and can't find any info about it...

To book tickets visit the Bluecoat - Home or call Tickets and Information on 0151 702 5324

There's pass that includes the seminar and workshops and show as far as I know. Give 'em ring..it's better than trying to do it on line. Tell them what you want to do and see and see what they quote you.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the extra information!

Post Thanks / Like

i am so broke, my cars MOT is due this week, so no cash for a little while for me, arrgghhh!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast