Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it just me - Rachel Brice DVD

is it just me or did anyone else find that Rachel Brice's DvD Yoga, isolations and drills, not that great. yes the instruction was clear, but i finished thinking, is that it, to me there was just not enough packed into it. I think I am sticking to Jenna's DVD's from now on. I also liked yoga conditioning with Ariellah, there was alot packed into her DVD, and really useful, i just felt a little flat after doing Brice's DVD, maybe it is just me, but has anyone else felt this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes definately. I also felt that the yoga was too much for me.. I could manage corpse pose :lol
    I much preferred Ariellah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *leila* View Post
    is it just me or did anyone else find that Rachel Brice's DvD Yoga, isolations and drills, not that great. yes the instruction was clear, but i finished thinking, is that it, to me there was just not enough packed into it. I think I am sticking to Jenna's DVD's from now on. I also liked yoga conditioning with Ariellah, there was alot packed into her DVD, and really useful, i just felt a little flat after doing Brice's DVD, maybe it is just me, but has anyone else felt this way.
    It's not going to teach you to dance, but Rachel's video is a great "I don't feel like planning my own practice today, but I still want to do something productive" tool. Maybe that's why I end up using it often.

You will get more instruction out of most of the WDNY DVDs, but not all of their DVDs have the same quality of instruction as Jenna's. Keep in mind, Rachel's video predated the other two you mentioned...video dance instruction has gotten a lot more sophisticated in the past few years.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Rachel's first DVD effort. And it does live up to it's name in terms of drills of certain isolations. In fact, the yoga practice of using Sun Salutations does increase circulation and the focus on internal muscualr movement can help one develop control over time. Certainly, it's geared more toward dancers looking to emulate her tribal fusion style.
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I like her DVD

I like the isolations and drills, because I need work in this area, anyway. The yoga has been helpful, especially after I injured my back at work last month. My therapist said yoga will help my posture and keep me limber, so that's a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    It's not going to teach you to dance, but Rachel's video is a great "I don't feel like planning my own practice today, but I still want to do something productive" tool. Maybe that's why I end up using it often.

You will get more instruction out of most of the WDNY DVDs, but not all of their DVDs have the same quality of instruction as Jenna's. Keep in mind, Rachel's video predated the other two you mentioned...video dance instruction has gotten a lot more sophisticated in the past few years.
    actually it's only 1 year earlier. I bought it because I wanted to drill as a non-tribal who thought that some extreme drilling would be good for building up muscles. Could manage the dance drills but thought the yoga needed more explanation. Was never sure if I was attempting it correctly (I sure as hell wasn't doing it properly) I felt the yoga was at a more advanced level than the dancing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    actually it's only 1 year earlier. I bought it because I wanted to drill as a non-tribal who thought that some extreme drilling would be good for building up muscles. Could manage the dance drills but thought the yoga needed more explanation. Was never sure if I was attempting it correctly (I sure as hell wasn't doing it properly) I felt the yoga was at a more advanced level than the dancing!!
    I felt the yoga could have been better cued...but I'm a stickler about that sort of thing. I think the design is amazingly good for an MC-funded project. I wish the arms DVD was that good...there were bad camera angles in that one. *rolls eyes*

Post Thanks / Like

I think it might have been because i have heard so muh hype about rachel Brice from more experienced dancers, and having seen some footage of her dancing, i just thoughts the whole thing would have been much more than it was, i did like the drills, but i expected more, it just left me a bit flat.

Post Thanks / Like

*Raises hand*

I agree. I love Rachel Brice, but that DVD was... erm.... well... that's all Ill say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Bint Al Nubia View Post
    In fact, the yoga practice of using Sun Salutations does increase circulation and the focus on internal muscualr movement can help one develop control over time.
    This maybe true for someone who already has the needed strength and flexibility to do Sun Salutations - but this "exercise" is not safe or effective for someone who cannot do it correctly - due to inexperience or lack of flexibility, strength or control. Basic rule for developing such flexibility, strength or control is to concentrate on one muscle group at a time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast