New Troupe Costumes!

Maya Raschad

Here is our new troupe costume! Everybody worked on their own bra and belt, took some of them more than 6 months, but worth it, I think. They look good on a stage.
Here are also two of my designs. Interested to know what you think?

Yshka

The troupe costumes look amazing!! I like the black design but the green one is my fave. Belt shape looks so beautiful for people with hips:D , great!

Demelza

wow !! I think every single one of them is gorgeous !! Well done to all of you for your individual work. I 've seen some troups who make their own costumes, and they all look so different, but I like it when they are more or less the same style but in different colours.......when your dancing the audience can appreciate the dancing instead of focusing on just one costume (if that makes sense). Well done :) xxx. PS. which one are you ?

Maya Raschad

I'm in purple ,but the picture is so dark that end! Oh,by the way, no, I did not make the sequinned skirts. I found them at http://www.craftindia.com and they were the inspiration for the bra and belts.
The folksy costume with the tassel belts, I did make all of them, including the tassel belts and headrolls.

I thought it would be nice to try an ALL silver costume for myself, for a change. It turns out it's really versatile, lots of skirts go with it. It didn't take long, all sequins and paillettes ,no beading.
I find that sequin only costumes look great on a stage, but not so great close up, so they are perfect for troupe. I save the long hard job of beading for individual costumes, for solos and restaurant work,or anywhere you will be close to your audience.
Sorry, I get so enthusiastic about making costumes! (Can't help rambling!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Madeline

I'm in purple ,but the picture is so dark that end! Oh,by the way, no, I did not make the sequinned skirts. I found them at http://www.craftindia.com and they were the inspiration for the bra and belts.
The folksy costume with the tassel belts, I did make all of them, including the tassel belts and headrolls.

I thought it would be nice to try an ALL silver costume for myself, for a change. It turns out it's really versatile, lots of skirts go with it. It didn't take long, all sequins and paillettes ,no beading.
I find that sequin only costumes look great on a stage, but not so great close up, so they are perfect for troupe. I save the long hard job of beading for individual costumes, for solos and restaurant work,or anywhere you will be close to your audience.
Sorry, I get so enthusiastic about making costumes! (Can't help rambling!)

Wow! Your costume is fabulous!

Maria_Aya

Great work !!!
You all look fab, and i truly admire you !!!
(this comes from a person that cant sew a button lol)
xoxoxo
Maria Aya:)