Julie Mendez from opening title to "From Russia With Love"

I know what happened to her- she's my great aunt

Hey, Julie Mendez is my great Aunt- she doesn't do movies or dancing anymore- she just spends time with her son in their house in england. She's still just as eccentric as always- last time I visited her was 2 years ago though.

shiradotnet

Hey, Julie Mendez is my great Aunt- she doesn't do movies or dancing anymore- she just spends time with her son in their house in england. She's still just as eccentric as always- last time I visited her was 2 years ago though.

What fun! Can you tell us more about her? Did she dance in any other movies? Does she have any funny stories about working on the set of To Russia with Love? How about her dance career - did she have any regular belly dance jobs at restaurants?

Sure,
The only thing I remember talking with my family/her about was her snake dance on the show on the buses, but I know she's done a lot more. She definitely had smaller dancing jobs all the time. My mom remembers when she was about 4 or 5, she'd go over to Julie's and be terrified the whole time because of the 2 snakes she had. But thats about all I know for sure- I'll ask my mom and grandparents about it at some point and post what I find out later. I've only really seen her 2ce for a substantial amount of time as she lives in england and I've lived between Canada and the States my whole life. Sorry i'm not more helpful- i'll get some info over the holidays when I'm with my family.

Aniseteph

Britain in the 70's, oh dear oh dear oh dear...

...The only thing I remember talking with my family/her about was her snake dance on the show on the buses...

O-M-G :shok: :shok: :shok: (I had to go and search YouTube didn't I?)

Holy c£&p there are some appallingly outdated attitudes, and Indian and Arabic is all pretty much the same thing, clearly....:rolleyes:.

Oh no, not the open legged pelvic thrusts. Kind of reminds me of Anita Hariss's turn as a belly dancer in "Follow that Camel". Can't find the clip from YouTube any more, though, or I would post a link to it.

natalie

, ive been trying to track julie down for years as she used to foster me and my brother, i was with her for 18 months my brother a couple of years, please please if u can get a number or email address id be forever greatful. my name is Natalie Rayner nd my brother is Ramon Rayner, the years we were with julie were probley the best of my childhood and id love to get in contact again thanx hun, can u let me know x

vicky

Julie Mendez re-Natalie and Raymonde

Hello Natalie,
I live a few doors down from Julie's brother and often speak to Julie on the phone. She lives in Brighton now and I have told her about your message and she was overwhelmed!!:D
She would love to contact you or for you to contact her.
Please e-mail me as Julie doesnt have the internet.
vic.net@ntlworld.com and I will gladly give you her phone number.

Vicky :D

karena

You guys have made me feel so happy.:D Hope things all work out.

Vicky - if you don't hear anything you could try the personal message function, which usually email alerts them too.

vicky

hey karena....could u tell me how to do that please and I will-hopefully she will then ge in touch with me. Thank you.:)

karena

No worries, my pleasure

If you click on the name of the user you want to send the message to, on the left hand side of all the posts, in blue, then you'll get a drop down menu, and one will be send a private message.

Or, if you click on the user name, then view public profile, then the contact info tab also has the send private message option.
The second way is longer 'round, but just in case you have any probs with the first way it's there.

Jane

Hello Natalie,
I live a few doors down from Julie's brother and often speak to Julie on the phone. She lives in Brighton now and I have told her about your message and she was overwhelmed!!:D
She would love to contact you or for you to contact her.
Please e-mail me as Julie doesnt have the internet.
vic.net@ntlworld.com and I will gladly give you her phone number.
Vicky :D

Does Julie Mendez do autographs? Is there an address or an agent to write to to get one?

vicky

Julie Mendez

If u want her autograph I will asj her and if u e-mail me ur name, I'm sure shr'd be happy to oblige:)