Newbie from the Caribbean

kayshier

Hi Everyone

I just joined this forum as a way for me to link with other persons interested in belly dance.
I am from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean, and yes we have a small but growing belly dance fraternity.

( no, I am not jamaican and i don't say "yeah mon, no problem" lol)

anyway I look forward to reading the opinions in various threads

regards

Kay

Suheir

Hello and welcome! I look forward to hearing about the belly dance scene in your part of the world. :D

Reen.Blom

Hi Everyone

I just joined this forum as a way for me to link with other persons interested in belly dance.
I am from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean, and yes we have a small but growing belly dance fraternity.

( no, I am not jamaican and i don't say "yeah mon, no problem" lol)

anyway I look forward to reading the opinions in various threads

regards

Kay
Welcome the the 2nd Trinidadian on the Forums!

Have fun!:dance::dance::dance::dance:

KuteNurse

Welcome! There is another from Trinidad here. My mind is not working right now because I can't remember her name. Let me think on it for a bit. Happy Posting! Her name is Mya! There...I feel better.

Last edited:

Maria_Aya

Welcome !!!
Yes this is a wonderful forum to be !
Enjoy reading, learning and posting

Maria Aya :) Greece

Mya

Hello Kay! Welcome!

The bellydance sorority in T'dad isn't as small as you think, the majority of us just don't market as commercially as the main company - but trust me there are loads of us around for such a small island.

This is a great way to make friends with other people of similar interest and learn loads from the people here with more expertise in specific styles and such. Keep dancing and please feel free to be a part of anything my company puts on in Trinidad regardless of what dance school you're attending. =)

We're all about making the dance a source of positivity rather than ugly competition and negativity!

Happy Dancing!!

kayshier

Hello Kay! Welcome!

The bellydance sorority in T'dad isn't as small as you think, the majority of us just don't market as commercially as the main company - but trust me there are loads of us around for such a small island.

This is a great way to make friends with other people of similar interest and learn loads from the people here with more expertise in specific styles and such. Keep dancing and please feel free to be a part of anything my company puts on in Trinidad regardless of what dance school you're attending. =)

We're all about making the dance a source of positivity rather than ugly competition and negativity!

Happy Dancing!!

Thanks Mya

Since I have started dancing, I have noticed that there is a lot of competition and negativity, which I am trying to get away from.
*no I'm not connected with the main company in any way*
I like the idea of keeping things positive.

I look forward to seeing what your dance company does, and hopefully positive linkages can be created so that this negative competitiveness that seems to be an under current will go away.

thanks! and Happy Dancing to you too..