Hello

T R ! B A L

Hello everyone!
What a nice looking community. I'm simply honored to now be a part of it...

Well, for starters, my name is Halee, but I'm more commonly known as Zee, or Tribal. Multiple variations of my names have been adopted by those I know. Zeeish, Zeezeers, Zeeness, Tri, Tri Tri, Hay, the list goes on. You can use any of them, I'm perfectly fine with terms of familarity.
As a newly thirteen year old girl, I suppose ignorance and discovery are only part of my job description. Beyond that cliche', I'm an artist, a writer, a singer, and I have recently taken up belly dancing.I've only been dancing for a month or so, but my favor of it is at the top of my list of hobbies. It's simply a beautiful and profond thing.

Since I tend to write novels(pun not intended, ha!) I guess I'll explain how I got into belly dancing. I've always, always loved dancing. Growing up, my aunt's best friend, Martha, was a belly dancer, and she has always been around me. She grew into a part of my life from the beginning, and now she is more like family than anything. Until recently, I always thought I was too fat to dance, but continued to do so in my room, alone, for about two years. I had no clue that the dances I did were similar to belly dancing.
I've grown much, much faster in mind, body, and spirit than the children my age, and yes we are still children at thirteen. I began getting curves at about nine, and I mistook them for being overweight. Other people my age mistook it for being overweight too. That ruined my self confidence for a long time. I am just gaining it back through belly dancing. The realization that I wasn't fat, but an hourglass and therefore perfect for belly dancing, came to me on my thirteenth birthday.
Now, I find myself taking on perhaps a little too much with belly dancing. I push the limits sometimes, I guess. Yesterday, I correctly preformed the turkish drop for the first time. It felt amazing and beautiful. It only got me more addicted to dancing. Thank god I was already flexible!

Looking forward to meeting everybody, but sadly I must be off! Ta ta!

Maria_Aya

Welcome Tri !!!
(I'll call you Tri since this is the name of one of my best friends in Greece and also an amazing Fusion Tribal dancer !! )
Yes bellydance is just amazing on what it can do on self believing (argh my english lol)
Enjoy reading and posting, this is a really wonderfull forum.

Maria Aya, Greece

Shanazel

Welcome, Tri. I hope you enjoy the forum.

I think you mean "self confidence", Maria, but "self believing" is very descriptive. No whining about your English, now, or I will start displaying my command of Greek, which is limited to Medea, baklava, spanakopita, and retsina.

Mmketeer

Hello everyone!
What a nice looking community. I'm simply honored to now be a part of it...

Well, for starters, my name is Halee, but I'm more commonly known as Zee, or Tribal. Multiple variations of my names have been adopted by those I know. Zeeish, Zeezeers, Zeeness, Tri, Tri Tri, Hay, the list goes on. You can use any of them, I'm perfectly fine with terms of familarity.
As a newly thirteen year old girl, I suppose ignorance and discovery are only part of my job description. Beyond that cliche', I'm an artist, a writer, a singer, and I have recently taken up belly dancing.I've only been dancing for a month or so, but my favor of it is at the top of my list of hobbies. It's simply a beautiful and profond thing.

Since I tend to write novels(pun not intended, ha!) I guess I'll explain how I got into belly dancing. I've always, always loved dancing. Growing up, my aunt's best friend, Martha, was a belly dancer, and she has always been around me. She grew into a part of my life from the beginning, and now she is more like family than anything. Until recently, I always thought I was too fat to dance, but continued to do so in my room, alone, for about two years. I had no clue that the dances I did were similar to belly dancing.
I've grown much, much faster in mind, body, and spirit than the children my age, and yes we are still children at thirteen. I began getting curves at about nine, and I mistook them for being overweight. Other people my age mistook it for being overweight too. That ruined my self confidence for a long time. I am just gaining it back through belly dancing. The realization that I wasn't fat, but an hourglass and therefore perfect for belly dancing, came to me on my thirteenth birthday.
Now, I find myself taking on perhaps a little too much with belly dancing. I push the limits sometimes, I guess. Yesterday, I correctly preformed the turkish drop for the first time. It felt amazing and beautiful. It only got me more addicted to dancing. Thank god I was already flexible!

Looking forward to meeting everybody, but sadly I must be off! Ta ta!

Welcome. It blows me away that you are only thirteen. You sound very mature and very confident for such a young adult. :) Seems I am a bellydancing aunt to my thirteen year old niece too and I can only hope that she picks up the confidence and maturity that you have. Congrats on mastering the Turkish drop!
PS
Belly dancing isn't about age, looks, or even how much you make which is why it's such a beautiful dance. You should see the studio I dance with we have anywhere from size 8 to size 22 dancing, ages from 18 (we had a twelve year old that danced with her mom, but she recently dropped out) to older women of 62! It's a very deverse grop and amazingly we are get along great. PM if you would like to see our studio website and some photos of us. :)

Keep dancing Tribal!

T R ! B A L

Thank you for the warm welcome, Maria! Wow, you live in Greece? That's amazing that there's such a wide cultural group here. I look forward to hearing more from you. :)

Thanks for the welcome, Shan(if I may call you that.)!

Hi! Nice to meet you, Larissa(sorry about that, I currently only know your stage name)! Your dance studio sounds wonderful, I'll definetly(spell check, I know) PM you! It truly is amazing the diversity we have in dancers, yeah? Some of my friends are dancers. One, is a tall, stockily built teenager, and another a very slim, 'cat-like' woman. Next to eachother, it couldn't possibly seem they enjoyed the same hobby, because not only their builds are different, but their races too! But the fact is that they're both beautiful dancers. I'd love to see the group you have, it's always interesting to see what so many different types of women(and men) can share. Thanks for the welcome!