Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sara Farouk every time
    Khaled Mahmoud
    Aida Nour
    Maria D'Silva
    Wendy Marlett

back in the dim past:
    Amel Tafsout and Wendy Buonoventura. I now realise how lucky I was to go to these ladies early on in my dance life!

Post Thanks / Like

Maria D' Silva, Randa Kamel, Khaled Mahmoud, Aida Nour, Sara Farouk have been the best teachers i have studied with so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing everyone,for those who just listed...please tell us why they are good.

Sorry, its just that I often see praise lists on forums but it tells me nothing about why they are good. Also some people just put their teacher like it is some sort of competition and they need to defend them.

Not you Marya!
    it is really good your teacher A'isha was here to read the nice things you said about her and you explained why you respect her so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline_afifi View Post
    Thanks for sharing everyone,for those who just listed...please tell us why they are good.

Sorry, its just that I often see praise lists on forums but it tells me nothing about why they are good. Also some people just put their teacher like it is some sort of competition and they need to defend them.

Not you Marya!
    it is really good your teacher A'isha was here to read the nice things you said about her and you explained why you respect her so much.
    Well.... I could provide quite a list, but I figure most people on this forum can decide for themselves based on what they read.

Since most people don't know me perhaps I should assure people that I didn't write what I did just to be nice to Aisha. I really have studied, via workshops or camps, with a wide variety of "name" teachers and she is the best teacher I have had. She is also one of the best dancers I have seen live. I have seen a lot of the same "name" teachers dance too.

Marya

Post Thanks / Like

Maria d' silva for her dedication to teaching authentic Egyptian dance style and her passion, emotion in the dance and patience with her students. Randa Kamel for her incredibly powerful dance style. Also when she teaches she gives her all to her students, ensuring that everybody has got what she is trying to teach- a wonderful amabassador for Egyptian style as she loves this dance and wants to raise standards- just brilliant. Khaled Mahmoud (ditto Suheir)for his great khaleegi and fun, gentle teaching manner. Sara Farouk- for showing me the 'umph' needed for egyptian style, a wonderful innovative teacher. Finally, Aida Nour for being true to Egyptian dance and for staying grounded. She usually teaches very simplistic yet strong choreos, I have learnt alot form her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post
    Well.... I could provide quite a list, but I figure most people on this forum can decide for themselves based on what they read.

Since most people don't know me perhaps I should assure people that I didn't write what I did just to be nice to Aisha. I really have studied, via workshops or camps, with a wide variety of "name" teachers and she is the best teacher I have had. She is also one of the best dancers I have seen live. I have seen a lot of the same "name" teachers dance too.

Marya
    I would love to see a video of you Aisha..have you got any?? Any on youtube? Please post if not!

Post Thanks / Like

Default YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by taheya View Post
    I would love to see a video of you Aisha..have you got any?? Any on youtube? Please post if not!
    Dear Taheya,
    Thank you for your interest. I just don't have that much film of me that is good enough quality to put on YouTube, I don't think. Not only that, but I also don't know how to do it!!
    Patrushka Pavlovitch of Fact and Fable wants to film my dance company's next show. Maybe she will get some good footage.
    Maybe Marya has something, I am not sure but I will ask her. I really am not that overly excited about appearing on YouTube, but I will see.
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post

Marya
    Hi Marya,
    Yes, I understood, which is why I counted you out.
    It was more of a question to those who had listed people.

I am more curious about what people liked about that particular teacher.
    It is good to hear what people like about someone in particular.
    Teaching is also an art in itself. I admire anyone who takes the time to study the art of education.

What did people like about Randa and others?

School has a set formula of education which is administered to the masses but it only suits a certain percentage of the population.
    What makes a class good for you and which environment is the most effective for your development?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline_afifi View Post
    Hi Marya,
    Yes, I understood, which is why I counted you out.
    It was more of a question to those who had listed people.

I am more curious about what people liked about that particular teacher.
    It is good to hear what people like about someone in particular.
    Teaching is also an art in itself. I admire anyone who takes the time to study the art of education.

What did people like about Randa and others?

School has a set formula of education which is administered to the masses but it only suits a certain percentage of the population.
    What makes a class good for you and which environment is the most effective for your development?
    Randa is extremely dedicated to improving the standard of the dance and this really comes across in her teaching. She gives attention to everybody in the room and drills and drills until you get it ( if that is possible!!). Undoubtedly a powerhouse of a performer but also excellent at teaching and connecting with everybody in the room ( in spite of the language barrier- she often needs help translating what she means but this does not hinder the learning).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taheya View Post
    Randa is extremely dedicated to improving the standard of the dance and this really comes across in her teaching. She gives attention to everybody in the room and drills and drills until you get it ( if that is possible!!). Undoubtedly a powerhouse of a performer but also excellent at teaching and connecting with everybody in the room ( in spite of the language barrier- she often needs help translating what she means but this does not hinder the learning).
    Yes, I consistently hear this about Randa!

She is such a sweet person too.
    I know her but have never had a class with her as I will not stand in amongst the thousands shouting 'I am Spartacus'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast