Ta Mavra Matia Sou , lyrics wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria_Aya

Hi there;)
Well "ta mavra matia sou" is the greek version of the arabic song.
It was sung by Manolis Aggelopoulos a greek legend born in 1939 at north Greece, from a gypsy family. From his childhood he was traveling Greece with the Caravan selling from carpets to watermellons lol, and you know the Caravan trucks had a microphone and he was singing selling them.
His big boom was at 1959 where he recorder his first 45 disc (the small ones) and he brought the mix of greek-gypsy-arabian in the greek music scene.
Ta mavra matia sou, is considered the anthem of the greek gypsies and one of the most favorite songs ever for all greeks for greek chifteteli. For greeks and special greek-gypsies he was like a king and a god, if we want to paralel he was the Oum Kalthum of Greece. Even in his funural (around 15 years ago) it was massive and crying for 3 days.

The lyrics are by Maro Bizani.

"Ta maura matia sou"

Mi figis - dont leave
ke pote mi m'arnithis - and never forget me

Ta mavra matia sou- your black eyes
otan ta vlepo me zalizoune - when i see them, i get dizzy
ke tin kardia mu sigklonizoune- and my heart is broken
otan ta vlepo mu thimizoune- when i see them, i'm remembering
kapia agapi mu palia.-of an old love

mesa sta matia sou - inside your eyes
kitazo kini pou agapousa mexri htes - i'm looking her that i loved till yesterday
ekini pou anikse sta stithia mou pliges- her that opened scars in my chest
ta mavra matia sou m'anaboun pirkagies-your black eyes are firing me

Ta mavra matia sou- your black eyes
otan ta vlepo me zalizoune - when i see them, i get dizzy
ke tin kardia mu sigklonizoune- and my heart is broken
otan ta vlepo mu thimizoune- when i see them, i'm remembering
kapia agapi mu palia.-of an old love

Its an adorable song
xoxoxo
Maria Aya:)

chryssanthi sahar

Hello Ditzhadancer.

Don't get suprised about the sad lyrics:eek: . Most of greek Tsifteteli (belly dance) songs are like this. Sometimes it's better not to understand the lyrics :D

ditzahdancer

Many thanks Maria Aya

Wow , that was a bit of an eye opener. I've been dancing to this incredibly beautiful music and passionate lyrics with a serene attitude for so long. I'll add a bit of fire from now on. Again thank you for your time.

Lydia

The Arabic original version is from the singer Abdel Halim Hafez the song called,, qariat el fungain,,you can find it on youtube just fantastic!!

Lydia

so sorry!! i put the wrong song lol ..its called,,.nebtedy minen al hakaya..,,.i try,d to copy the clip here but it did not go so please you visit youtube and its the same singer i mentioned above..Abdel halim Hafez .....have a nice day Lydia

Oksants

I have experienece with this song that I thought I share. This is one of the few songs I get almost always aplaude in the middle of the song....in slow parts in rythmical changes... and this is whenever I perform it in hotels where there are lot of Russian audience... this song really gets to them....

When I dance for Greek audience... it is lot of singing along and as loud as possible and power... they really love this song as Maria mentioned.
This song has really good energy and vibe although it is sad....
(small side comment...I just LOVE this song, dance in Greece and have blue eyes ...;))

drcem

Haida Lebnan Lyric

Hi ı'm from Turkey does anyone of you know the lyric Haida Lebnan ı didn't found anywhere.Thank for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.