Hello from DK

Tina Rules

Hi,

I'm a belly dancer (who would have thought!) from Denmark. Been dancing since the age of 3, ballroom, and for the past 16 years I've been belly dancing.
Preform at restaurants and Turkish nightclubs, as well as teaching classes.

I've taken up Gothic/Dark Fusion just recently, actually as one of the first in DK. Looking forward to meeting you all in here.

Keep on dancing
Tina Rules

Lotus Dancer

Hello Tina,
Welcome to Dance Forum.
I have danced with another Belly Dancer who had also been a Ballroom Dancer. Exquisite Dancer.
She is just Beautiful to watch.
I love the Tribal Fusion Style also.
Do you have the Tribal Fusion DVD? It's really very good.
Enjoy posting!!
Smiles to you from Down Under.
Lotus Dancer

Maria_Aya

Welcome Tina !
Enjoy reading and posting.
I also like the Dark side of bellydance but i'm more in the sequine side in reality lol or the baladi;)

Maria Aya, Greece

Tina Rules

Hi Maria Aya,

Me too! I just love the sequines and the glittery side as well; I haven't given up the "proper" bellydancing -and baladi is still my favourite style.

Have a nice day everyone
Tina

Sita

Nice to meet you. I love ballroom preferably the Latin dances - Argentine tango, Paso Doble (my fav) was it hard to make the transition from ballroom to bellydance with the different posture etc ?

Sita

Tina Rules

Hi Sita

Are/were you a ballroom dancer too? Waltz and Ruhmba were my fav.

The hardest part was to get the grounding -and no stretched knees. In Latin it's your knees that make the movements in your hips.

However the flow and the elegance from ballroom have helped me a lot in my dance. And come to think about it: the non-verbal communication with your partner in Latin when dancing is so important, this has made it really easy for me to communicate with the audience when belly dancing.
I guess, if you prefer to dance in high heels, it wouldn't be a problem if you are a ballroom dancer. I prefer no shooes to keep the grounding, but I can easily do a "wild" drum solo in high heels

Any other ballroom dancers in here? What is your experience? Maybe I should start a thread...

Sita

No, unfortunatly my experience of ballroom is as an admirer only (love strictly come dancing and watch a lot of dance productions).
My dance background is contemporary/Modern dance though I also did Ashtanga yoga for a while but my true love is definitly belly dance although I also do salsa and recently enjoyed a wonderful workshop in Flamenco. I also studied the theory behind Indian Kathak dance which I would love to learn (no lessons locally avaliable).
For me the posture was a bit of a struggle to begin with and growing up dancing to hiphop meant I over rotated my hips and shimmed differently in my first lesson but that was easily corrected.
I also prefer to dance barefeet rather than heels. ;)

Sita

Reen.Blom

Hallo and welcome!

gisela

Super Moderator
Welcome Tina Rules!
I missed this thread because I was on holiday. Where are you located in DK (If I may ask)? I'm in copenhagen. Maybe we have met?
Gisela

Tina Rules

Hej Gisela,

Thank you for welcoming me :)
Have been on holiday, too. I'm located in Ry, 5 km from Himmelbjerget. (Between Århus and Silkeborg.) Don't think we've met?

Tina