Belly dancing Little girl

Recnadocir

I've seen it too. She certainly has technique far beyond her years, though I wonder how much she was pushed into it, hard to tell if she is enjoying herself or just kind of being a puppet for some "stage mom."

Unfortunately, on YouTube she attracted the attentions of a very sick pedophile. Hopefully that scum has been arrested for something or other by now, or been hit by a bus....

Zurah

Mini-bellydancer

She's amazing, and so adorable, although every time I watch this clip I'm a bit depressed... ah, to have started dancing this young :(

Marisha25

This was one of the discussions on the old forum. Good to have it back! But I like the costume that she is wearing. Thank goodness that she is not in a belt & bra set! I have a younger sister who has been dancing (not oriental though) since 4 and I've seen performances with children dressed up much too skimpy for their age.

Aniseteph

...although every time I watch this clip I'm a bit depressed...

Depresses me for different reasons - she doesn't seem to be having a great time and just look at the tags that have got attached to this video.

I don't have any problem with kids learning bellydance, appropriately-costumed performance at a bellydance recital, or even just dressing up to join in with mum (or dad!), but performance to the general public is bound to attract the aforementioned sick scum. Technically accomplished the moves might be but to the general public they are interpreted as, er, Adult, which takes it into a whole different area to a video of a children's ballet recital, for instance. You and me can make an informed choice about letting ourselves be seen doing our (bellydance) thing; she can't.

I know there a BIG cultural differences on this one though - the Southern US beauty pageants for little girls tend to elicit a big :eek: over here for the same reasons. I wonder what tags clips of those have on the net. :(

Last edited by a moderator: