Alexey Paraschuk (Saint Petesbourg)

ShiroiOji

Yea, well, I don't care for the bare chested look myself; and like shirts even less - but who am I? This look seems to be all the rage in Greece right now, maybe Russia too?

I actually like the whole bare chested thing on him; I figure, if it works for you, and you can pull it off, then go for it.

Bare-chested seems to irritate a lot of people though. Is there something behind that, if I may ask?

ShiroiOji

So I knew I wasn't a fan of the first dance, though it must be said that he is indeed an awesome dancer, and I finfally figured out why. The fusion of the breakdance didn't bother me, but adding in the popping really got on my nerves. From what I know, and someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, the smooth, fluid movements in belly dancing are a big part of what makes it so beautiful. Popping is a fun and exciting art, but it seems to be incongruous with belly dancing. Am I wrong?

ShiroiOji

I don't care for it because the look is too not-put-together.

So here's a question then, going off of that; if the look is bare-chested but pants, headdress and jewelry is obviously well thought-out, does that overbalance the bare-chestedness of it?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
So here's a question then, going off of that; if the look is bare-chested but pants, headdress and jewelry is obviously well thought-out, does that overbalance the bare-chestedness of it?

Here's my take on it.

I don't like shirts, because they hide too much - and I don't like bare chested, because it shows too much. Some kind of top acts as a frame for hip and stomach work - the contrast between the moving hips/stomach and the still shorty vest or other kind of top.