Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could try to interfere in an annoying way with his job, like he's doing with your job? Maybe then he realises what he is doing

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea! You could perhaps. Like take his tray off him and get his tips. Sounds a fair trade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Like take his tray off him and get his tips.
    Definitely!!

Post Thanks / Like

He's following you around for a whole set? Aren't his tables getting upset that he's ignoring them/not taking their orders/not bringing their drinks/food?
    I'd bring that up with the owner. This guy can't be doing HIS job if he's horning in on YOURS. That would certainly result in unhappy customers, which would effect the bottom line of the venue.
    If there are conservative Arab members in the audience, I'd also point that out to the sleazy owner- as having a guy up dancing topless may effect their comfort level (and thus his bottom line).
    If all else fails- if there are "blue laws" in your state- laws about entertainment in places that serve alcohol- see if there's anything about nipples showing. He may have to AT LEAST keep his top on.
    Keep us posted!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samira shuruk View Post
    If all else fails- if there are "blue laws" in your state- laws about entertainment in places that serve alcohol- see if there's anything about nipples showing. He may have to AT LEAST keep his top on.
    Keep us posted!
    Lol

I think Samira maade a very good point about him not doing his job. It's not a good thing when a waiter, on a busy night especially ignores the customers, takes his top off and runs around after a dancer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update!

hi ladies,

Wow, what a suportive bunch you all are, I was a little worried I was being a little bit of a "prima donna" with no sense of humour so glad to hear your support!

Well, the good news: I'm not quite sure why, but that night I arrived ready to do battle, there was not a peep out of him! He didn't even attempt so much as a wiggle! Astounded and grateful, I danced an excellent set for a really nice audience who were surprisingly receptive to Natacha Atlas.

my guess? The boss had not been at the restaurant for various reasons for a while and while he probably saw the joke at the beginning, I'm guessing he realised it was TOO much. Guess my waiter-belly dance star must have been told off!

Onwards and upwards ladies, I am carefully documenting all these ideas so I'm fully prepared should he try it again!

have other people had similar problems with the staff?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samira shuruk View Post
    He's following you around for a whole set? Aren't his tables getting upset that he's ignoring them/not taking their orders/not bringing their drinks/food?
    You'd think, wouldn't you? Sadly in my own experience, while the food is wonderful at this restaurant, the service is shocking. 4 of us went there one night and a 2 course meal took 3 hours in total! I guess that's what they need us for: to distract from your rumbling tummies!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elle21
    hi ladies,

Wow, what a suportive bunch you all are, I was a little worried I was being a little bit of a "prima donna" with no sense of humour so glad to hear your support!

Well, the good news: I'm not quite sure why, but that night I arrived ready to do battle, there was not a peep out of him! He didn't even attempt so much as a wiggle! Astounded and grateful, I danced an excellent set for a really nice audience who were surprisingly receptive to Natacha Atlas.

my guess? The boss had not been at the restaurant for various reasons for a while and while he probably saw the joke at the beginning, I'm guessing he realised it was TOO much. Guess my waiter-belly dance star must have been told off!
    Congratulations, I'm happy for you

Post Thanks / Like

Default aww u poor thing!

owww elle! u poor thing!
    i couldnt even imagine what it would b like having a waiter continually doing something like that!
    im glad for you now that it has ceased... for the meantime! lol
    but i dont think he sounds quite all there...

i had a similar experience last nite actually, at the resturant i perform at i decided to get up a pretty young girl to dance... and as coy as she pretended to be, i knew she was very eager to dance!
    BIG MISTAKE!
    the poor thing mut have been drunk or something. she grabbed my cane out of my hand while i was dancing and trying to mimic my previous movements of spinning it around her head. my dancer partner kept giving me looks as in 'wha the hell is she doing?' so i politely sent her back to her seat... but not for long.
    during our Tabla solo, she found it neccessary to come onto the dancefloor and try and compete with me and my partner... and my partner was FURIOUS! lol so was i, but i just ignored her. it was a very weird situation, i wasnt quite sure how to handle it (although i was silently praying i still had my cane in my hand ) ... in the end i just thought im being payed to make the audience happy. and many of the men in the audience seemed happy, so my job was done. lol (also i was ina very lathargic mood, so i wasn't overly phased.) lol

i have recently understood that many many more experiences like that are still going to present themself to me, so i am begining to build a barrier against finding it offensive! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12