The Saga Belly Dancers at large

Marya

Well, if your hair is pure white isn't that the perfect base for all the soft shades like mink and golden blonde, particularly the temporary wash-out ones? Maybe you can be any colour you like for as long as you like. But only if you wanted to of course!

I have actually thought of this, but I am totally ignorant of what brands to buy for temporary wash out color. What does that mean, temporary?

I wouldn't want the color to last much more than the time it took for the event to be over. I would want it to wash out with one or two shampoos.

Marya

jahbie

I haven't used these myself, but I searched and found that there seems to be all kinds of sprays and shampoos that only last until you wash them out

.Temporary Hair Color - LoveToKnow Hair

I have actually thought of this, but I am totally ignorant of what brands to buy for temporary wash out color. What does that mean, temporary?

I wouldn't want the color to last much more than the time it took for the event to be over. I would want it to wash out with one or two shampoos.

Marya

Shanazel

Beware of washout color. My only experience with coloring my hair came when I innocently bought a dark brown temporary color for my naturally blond hair, thinking I could be an exotic brunette for the purpose of performance while returning to blonde in my day to day life. I had been working in the sun so my hair was lighter and more porous than usual, and to my utter horror, the color would not wash out. I had to have it dyed back to my natural color. What a nightmare- never again.

Marya

Beware of washout color. My only experience with coloring my hair came when I innocently bought a dark brown temporary color for my naturally blond hair, thinking I could be an exotic brunette for the purpose of performance while returning to blonde in my day to day life. I had been working in the sun so my hair was lighter and more porous than usual, and to my utter horror, the color would not wash out. I had to have it dyed back to my natural color. What a nightmare- never again.

Yeah, it is this kind of thing I am worried about. years ago, before I was completely white haired, I used Clairol, but a hair stylist I went to said it was turning my hair off colors because of the metal salts in the dye. I had noticed a purple tinge in my hair and stopped using Clairol after that and haven't used anything since then.

Marya

shiradotnet

Belly dancers sometimes approach their audiences as if the dance is all about themselves, rather than about sharing something with the audience and about doing something FOR the audience. They sometimes tend to do the same thing in marketing themselves.

This is a very, very important point. Thank you so much for stating it! It's a VERY accurate assessment of what I've seen going on in our dance community!

I also loved the comment you made in an earlier message on this thread about how when you dance for free, you're allowing the venue to treat you as if your contribution is worthless. What a perfect way to express it!

Aisha Azar

Dance etc.

This is a very, very important point. Thank you so much for stating it! It's a VERY accurate assessment of what I've seen going on in our dance community!

I also loved the comment you made in an earlier message on this thread about how when you dance for free, you're allowing the venue to treat you as if your contribution is worthless. What a perfect way to express it!

Dear Shira,
Thank you! It's nice to know that I am not the only one who has noticed this sort of narcissistic trend in the dance world. I think it certainly diminishes the dance on many levels when we forget what we are supposed to be dancing for, and who.
Regards,
A'isha

jenc

re temporary hair colour... DO NOT use thios with white hair... White hair is so totally porous that it soaks up colour and will not let go!!