Hi Bellies from Salt lake city,Utah

Shahravar

Hey every belly!
Wow I joined oriental dancer.net about five years ago but when they did the upgrade my account was lost...Wow! love the new(new to me) look of it!
I'm Shahravar from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Please drop me a line if you will be in the area!
BELLY DANCE SHAHRAVAR
Happy shimmies, Shah

Aisha Azar

Slc

Hey every belly!
Wow I joined oriental dancer.net about five years ago but when they did the upgrade my account was lost...Wow! love the new(new to me) look of it!
I'm Shahravar from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Please drop me a line if you will be in the area!
BELLY DANCE SHAHRAVAR
Happy shimmies, Shah

Dear Sharavar,
Welcome back to the forum!!
Although I am not from SLC, I have taught there and know some of the dancers there. We now have Char and Randy Mackay living up here in the Northwest now, and they used to drum with Pantheon. I have coached both Raffa and Aziz and I am good friends with Fotiah Rapsomanikis, who used to dance in SLC many years ago. I have attended several of the big events sponsored by Kismet when they were in the city park, and taught workshops at an event sponsored by Sulisha, so I am not a stranger there. One of my sisters lives in Kaysville. Sedoni Sipes is also on this forum and she was one of the founders of Mountain Veils from Logan.
I hope you will like the forum here. There is a wealth of info to share here.
Regards,
A'isha

Last edited:

Shahravar

slc

I sure do miss Aziz and Raffa too for that matter. I see Aziz now and then but you know how good he is so it is quite sad to not have him performing anymore. Raffa's sister is still performing she is with Tamar's folklorick troupe. They do a really nice job.
I haven't seen much good folkloric dancing here since I left Desert Orchid. Most of the Bellies here are Cabaret or Fusion.
I am currently working with Troupe Shah Sitara and we are fusion too. Classical and traditional based.
Sad no festival this year.
Thia will still have the Springfest in March that is fun!
Happy Shimmies, Shah

Aisha Azar

Slc

I sure do miss Aziz and Raffa too for that matter. I see Aziz now and then but you know how good he is so it is quite sad to not have him performing anymore. Raffa's sister is still performing she is with Tamar's folklorick troupe. They do a really nice job.
I haven't seen much good folkloric dancing here since I left Desert Orchid. Most of the Bellies here are Cabaret or Fusion.
I am currently working with Troupe Shah Sitara and we are fusion too. Classical and traditional based.
Sad no festival this year.
Thia will still have the Springfest in March that is fun!
Happy Shimmies, Shah

Dear Shahravar,
I saw Thea in Texas a year or so ago. We chatted briefly and she caught me up on all the goings on in SLC. I feel sad that Raffa does not seem to be dancing much either, from what I hear.
Regards,
A'isha

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
Enjoy reading, posting and having fun !!

Maria Aya, Athens, Greece :D