intro

katjane

Hello! I am so happy I stumbled upon these boards. I started taking belly dance classes about 3 years ago. It took me two 8 week sessions before I realized how much work I would have to put into it, and also how much I loved everything about it, the dancing, the costumes, the music. I had to take classes sporadically for about a year while my husband went to night school but finally last year I joined a troupe. I have 3 performances under my belt (and another one next month) I hope to one day dance solo but I still need to work on my stage fright and my stage presence. I havent had a chance to go through the boards yet, but I cant wait to explore!

Lotus Dancer

Hello and Welcome,
Congratulations on your Performances. (It's so much fun isn't it.)
I found for myself, with my solo performances, I need to absolutley 'Love' the Music, and know the music inside and out.
I just listen to it (in the car, headphones, doing the dishes etc...) The cues, the instruments, the highs and the lows etc.....
I Feel it... Then I choreograph slowly to it.
That's just me. Some Beautiful Dancers can improvise with the music. I love to do this when I'm just dancing for ME. But when performing I need the structured choreography to nail it. Otherwise I find I fall back on the old faithful steps.
Lovely to meet you.
Enjoy your dancing
Lotus Dancer

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
Enjoy reading, posting and having fun !!

Maria Aya, Athens, Greece :D