Hello to all my fellow belly dance sisters! (and even brothers!)

Victoria

Hello everybody! I'm a new member here and I can't wait until I meet all (most) of you. My name is Victoria and I have been dancing for over a year now, it's so exciting. I was born under the star sign Leo and I love the color red! (If anyone is interested in a little astrology conversation, hit me up on private messages!) :D

I'm really excited to be a part of this forum, I'd been contemplating it for a little while now since I can be a bit shy about things. I can't wait until I hear from all of you!

Love, roses, and chocolates!
~Victoria

Sita

Hello and Welcome to the forum its wonderful to 'meet' you. I also love the colour red and chocolate but my astrological knowledege is limited and my sign is unusual as I was born on a cusp so though I mainly recognize and relate to pieces some people place me as aquarious - maybe I'm just spoilt and have a little of both? :lol:

Sita :)

Lotus Dancer

Hello and Welcome.
I also love Astrology.
I am on the Cusp of Sag and Capricorn. I resonate with both.
Have you done any astro bellydance? Its where you dance to music and movement that relates to your sign. Its really lovely.
Nice to meet you.
Lets chat some more about dance and signs.
Smiles to you
Lotus Dancer

jenc

Doesn't that depend on what your sign is??? Are there 12 different types of music and movements in BD.

What would I have to do for Virgo on the cusp with Libra (cue sceptical laughter)

Just followed link

AstroBelly - bellydance the Zodiac!

i'm sooooooooo not feminine and refined. I would be tempted to smack anyone who said I was!!- I'm also the least organised person on the planet.

Green is Ok but not my colour of choice.

Oh and I dislike the pops, locks of drum solos.

Otherwise SPOT ON!!! lol

Last edited:

Victoria

Reen.Blom thank you so much and I will! =)

ShiroiOji thanks as well and I'm glad there's another chocolate lover here. ;P hehe

Sita, thank you for the welcome! And the thing with your sign is that you probably have traits from both signs. Haha! You are spoiled, stealing two signs for the price of one!! Hehehe <3

Lotus Dancer, I have never done any astro belly dance, I'd never even heard of it before. =) Could you possibly tell me more about it? It sounds really interesting! It's nice to meet you as well. =)

jenc - Haha, sometimes people are more in tune with their moon sign over their sun sign, maybe that's why you don't quite feel as much of a Libra? There's more to it. =)

Thank you all for responding, you're all so great! :D

jenc

I'm afraid all that moon and sun stuff I just see as a get out. If you don't fit there's some reason - especially as I don't know how to check that bit out. If there are so many variables that might affect you - eg time of day, which year as well as the dates we can all understand, then it is going to fit someone some time - which is what the people who believe this stuff notice.

The fact thqt I'm a messy, disorganised common Virgo who would rather eat with her fingers or out of newspaper. I'm wild, emotional, sensual, heart over head, jump first, look later, can't stand feminine women. None of which fits with balanced Virgo and Libra as far as I can see. No one has ever said to me "Typical Virgo" to me, although they may have said that a friend or colleague is typical of their sign.
As I said All this stuff is bound to fit someone, somewhere by the law of averages. I've just never found it fits enogh people to be worth taking any notice of.

Lotus Dancer

Earth, Air, Fire and Water

Doesn't that depend on what your sign is??? Are there 12 different types of music and movements in BD.

What would I have to do for Virgo on the cusp with Libra (cue sceptical laughter)

Just followed link

AstroBelly - bellydance the Zodiac!

i'm sooooooooo not feminine and refined. I would be tempted to smack anyone who said I was!!- I'm also the least organised person on the planet.

Green is Ok but not my colour of choice.

Oh and I dislike the pops, locks of drum solos.

Otherwise SPOT ON!!! lol

Hi Jenc,
The 4 elements are focused on in Astro Dance. Earth, Air, Fire and Water.
e.g. if you are a Virgo (earth sign) grounding dance steps are focused on.
Earthy movements. I'm a capricorn (earth sign) as well.
My best friend is from Sri Lanka, and before she married they did the planetary alignments for suitable partners. She had many, many suitors, but only one was 88%. She is now happily married. He is very Business orientated, head of the Household, and she is more a matters of the heart kind of girl. So they are very well balanced.
I believe it is a custom of theirs to do this with Relationships. (its a bit romantic)
I don't have all Earth traits either, but I do have a lot.
Okay hope this helps.
Lotus Dancer

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
Enjoy reading, posting and having fun !!

Maria Aya, Athens, Greece :D