Mabuhay from Sunny Philippines!

AngelaJP

Hi BD sisters and brothers! :D

So ecstatic I found this BD forum in the net as I am amazed by the wealth of information and the lovely people I have found here!

I started belly dance for a couple of months last year once a week when I wasn't training in running. I stopped for 6months after my last 21K race but last month, I went back to BD and have lessons at least twice a week now and I'm loving it all the more!

I can't wait to learn much much more from the forum. Congratulations for a job very impeccably done! :dance:

Cheers!

Angela

adiemus

Kia ora and welcome to this wonderful forum!
And great to find out you'll be coming to Christchurch soon. I hope you plan to spend some money on WARM clothing like thermal underwear - it's very cold here right now. But lovely in summer when we can get temperatures with low humidity about 26 - 32 degrees.
I hope to see you when you get here!

Lotus Dancer

Hello and Welcome,
Wow a 21k race. That has to help with muscle isolation in Belly Dance!!
Nice to meet you.
Lotus Dancer

AngelaJP

Kia ora and welcome to this wonderful forum!
And great to find out you'll be coming to Christchurch soon. I hope you plan to spend some money on WARM clothing like thermal underwear - it's very cold here right now. But lovely in summer when we can get temperatures with low humidity about 26 - 32 degrees.
I hope to see you when you get here!

Kia manuia, Bronnie!

Yes you're right. Thermal clothing like viscose and merino wool is the best invention for cold weather and an absolute need in Christchurch! If it was torture cold for me there last May and June, I could just imagine now. :shok: Despite the cold weather there in winter, I think you live in very interesting and beautiful place (so like Europe) and I have fallen in love with it more each time I visit.

Looking forward to belly dancing with you girls there! :dance:

AngelaJP

Hello and Welcome,
Wow a 21k race. That has to help with muscle isolation in Belly Dance!!
Nice to meet you.
Lotus Dancer

Thank you, Lotus Dancer! Nice to meet you too :D

Belly dancing is the first girlie physical activity I have engaged in as I have always indulged in outdoor sports like mountainbiking, running, climbing, adventure racing, airsoft wargaming, etc. I used to be really stiff as a stick during my initial belly dancing classes, no grace at all, just attitude, hahahaha! I remember so well my teacher used to urge me to blow my tummy but I could not blow it as huge as the others. Well, finally I have a little grace now and better muscle isolation, thanks to belly dancing!

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
Enjoy reading, posting and having fun !!

Maria Aya, Athens, Greece :D

AngelaJP

Welcome in this wonderfull forum !!!
Enjoy reading, posting and having fun !!

Maria Aya, Athens, Greece :D

Thank you Maria Aya! :) I am so lucky to have found this forum. You guys did a super job here.

Seeing that you're from Greece reminds me of one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen - "Mamma Mia"!

Kalimera,
Angela

maylynn

Mabuhay Angela!
The similarities keep growing - I am also a runner and I also loooove merino wool!

AngelaJP

Mabuhay Angela!
The similarities keep growing - I am also a runner and I also loooove merino wool!

Yey, Maylynn! At least I'm now comfortable going back to my usual sports knowing that it wont affect my little and precious newly acquired grace and skills in belly dancing, hehe...

If you perform or teach when you come visit here, the belly dance instructors and enthusiasts will go gaga, for sure! Hope you'll be able to attend a belly dance festival in the P.I., as well as some other sports. What kind of martial arts did you indulge in?

Congratulations on your website, girl! :clap:

maylynn

I would love to come visit again. I've only been once with my mother, probably 15 years ago now! She's from Manila so we spent some time there first but Cebu was our second stop.

I did karate when I was little, then tae kwon do and hapkido (both korean), and capoeira (brazilian martial art/dance). I started when I was small, but didn't get particularly far in any of them because I was always curious to try more types of martial arts! And then I started dance, and that took over my life...

Thanks about the website, I'm quite proud of it because I did it myself :) I would love to visit the P.I. again, check out the bellydance scene (I can just imagine there are some gorgeous bellydancers), and do a run through the jungles and beaches. One day!

AngelaJP

I would love to come visit again. I've only been once with my mother, probably 15 years ago now! She's from Manila so we spent some time there first but Cebu was our second stop.

I did karate when I was little, then tae kwon do and hapkido (both korean), and capoeira (brazilian martial art/dance). I started when I was small, but didn't get particularly far in any of them because I was always curious to try more types of martial arts! And then I started dance, and that took over my life...

Thanks about the website, I'm quite proud of it because I did it myself :) I would love to visit the P.I. again, check out the bellydance scene (I can just imagine there are some gorgeous bellydancers), and do a run through the jungles and beaches. One day!

Wow, you sure had your share of martial arts! Taekwondo is very popular here while capoeira is still new. The only one I tried is tae-bo with Billy Blanks so many years ago!

In Manila and Cebu, a LOT has changed in 15 years. You will totally love the beaches and jungles, as in totally! Some are too commercialized and jampacked with tourists and locals especially in the peak season though. We are such a "mall" people. Mall of Asia in Manila is the 3rd largest mall in the world and has the biggest 3D Imax screen in the world. Cebu is usually where tourists make as a base, very popular. And belly dancing fever is growing here!

Wish I could take lessons under you so I hope I'll be here when you come over .

Take care girl!