Common Abbreviations

ShiroiOji

For the sake of newbies and thick people, is it possible to have a list of common abbreviations? I get wicked confused with some of the abbreviations that get thrown about in here...

Mosaic

Super Moderator
For the sake of newbies and thick people, is it possible to have a list of common abbreviations? I get wicked confused with some of the abbreviations that get thrown about in here...

What abbreviations are you confused about? Can you list them then we can tell you what they:)

For instance you may have seen in recent posts FCBD that is the Abbreviation for Fat Chance Belly Dance a well known ATS = American Tribal Style school/company/troupe
UBDC = Ugly Belly Dance Costumes:D

Don't worry there are still abbreviations around I still am unsure of.
~Mosaic

ShiroiOji

Actually, that helps just there as well; ATS was one of the ones that I couldn't figure out at all, and it was driving me nuts! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Glad it helped, I know that some abbreviations have driven me nuts at times.
~Mosaic

Salome

Administrator
Let's see... you might see on the boards; MED = Middle Eastern Dance. AmCab = American cabaret aka cabaret belly dance aka American Oriental.

Moon

BDSS = bellydance superstars (referring to that American group, not to very good dancers from the Middle East)

Mya

Plain ole ME refers to the Middle East :) and i think we have one for the bellydance police - anyone remember that? Amulya should know!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
In this context, "BD" does NOT refer to "Bondage & Discipline", but rather "Belly Dance"!

Mya

In this context, "BD" does NOT refer to "Bondage & Discipline", but rather "Belly Dance"!

I'm quite glad that you pointed that out Zorba! It would have never occurred to me to distinguish them - only because i don't think about bondage commonly of course.

ShiroiOji

I'm quite glad that you pointed that out Zorba! It would have never occurred to me to distinguish them - only because i don't think about bondage commonly of course.

As someone who has clients talking about various paraphillias, I kept getting thrown off in the beginning with all the talk of BD! I figured that one out pretty fast and all, but it was still fairly jarring! Thanks, Zorba!

gisela

Super Moderator
Bumping this up for renewed relevance. Anyone have some more abbreviations?
I always have to think twice when someone writes BGT but I'm sure it means "Britain's got talent."