Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Poppers! Leave it to the Brits to come up with a great name.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you call them? Press fasteners

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I don't call them anything. How curious. . I think we have hijacked this thread. Maybe the moderator ought to send us to costumes?

Post Thanks / Like

Well as mod I'm not going to send you to costumes because to me, the slight diversion to body stockings and how the the world to answer the invitably bad timed call of nature is soooo part of a performance. Can you tell I've had some experience in that area? LOL!!!
    A suggestion to anyone with handy dandy sewing skills and an unco-operative bladder, take your regular body stockings, slice the croch slightly to the front side, finish the edges with binding tape then sew on hooks or heavy duty snaps (think similar to a baby's romper). Makes those last minute bathroom runs before a show in full costume a lot easier.
    Now back to the thread....... *grin*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Viv, you mean I can't steal this wonderful highjack for costumes? Rats.
    Good idea for making an escape hatch in one's bodystocking!

Post Thanks / Like

tell what is even worse...it's when you have on body stocking, tribal bloomers and 2 skirts topped by a belt and fringe...try getting out of that in a hurry.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, back to 'How you feel just before entering the stage?'

I go through different phases, I am tired, don't feel up to it, then I feel totally not interested in performing (the 'anti' mood), then I get sometimes nervous, usually very quiet and then I just can't wait to get out there. This is true for stage performances and some weddings, but for restaurant performances i am not nervous at all and just get out there.

Once I am out there I let go and enjoy the contact with the audience, giving to them and having fun.

Yes, visualizing is very powerful, and I am using that already days before I have a big performance. I also do some heel jumps (that is right before I go out there) with quick deep exhalations to ground me. I am also making determinations or intentions before any performance, such as 'I give intent to dance with joy and touch people's hearts'.

Happy dancing

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have to go to the bathroom, haha, no matter if i had just gone like 2 minutes ago i always have to go. Then afterwards i could wait like 5 hours and never have to go but right before hand, ALWAYS.

I also just want to get on stage, the anxiety makes me crazy i just want the wait to be over with

Member Tribal Belly Dance Malta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    If I am doing strictly improv, I feel, "Whee! Gonna have fun even if my veil trips me up." If it is a group choreography, my thoughts are more along the lines of, "Please, God, don't let me be the one to screw this up- I'm the teacher!"
    "Please, God, don't let me be the one to screw this up- I'm the teacher!"
    OMG thats me too!

The last thing I say to my troupe is "have fun, if we cock it up, smile, its not the end of the world!"

Oh I always get very talkative before a performance and I always want a Pee!

Post Thanks / Like

I am fine until the music plays. Once I hear the music I get the whole butterfly in the stomach thing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast