Hi from Manchester UK

debi-lion

Hi, I'm Debs, from Manchester, I have been bellydancing for 4 years. I have had various different teachers each with different styles from traditional egyptian to full on african tribal, i love it. I went to my first class for a dare, I didnt know what to expect, but I fell in love with it.

I have been to few different classes, but have just started a new class with Zehara of the Urban gypsies, I love the whole earthy tribal style, full of energy and fun.

I have recently started making my own bellydance wear and am always looking for inspiration and new ideas for costuming.

Nice to meet you all......Debs,. x

Eve

Howdy - that's where I started. I see it now as fun cardio :cool: and as I've learnt more I can see where some of the movements have come from.

Enjoy the site.

Lotus Dancer

Hello and Welcome,
It's wonderful to learn under different teachers, who are experts in there genre.
I tell my students, that if the opportunity arises, to take a class under another instructor.
It's an essential way to learn, different styles, genres, even teaching techniques for yourself eventually. (my best, still to date has to be Rac hel Brice, her teaching technique is phenomonal!!! I learn't so much through her workshops.)
I love the Tribal Style also, it's such a sisterhood kinda thing. It's awesome.
Nice to meet you.
Lotus Dancer