Hi from NL

eadwine

Just registered and decided to at least say hi. I am not sure how active I will be, but I sure cannot wait to start my classes (Sept 1st is the first one). Absolute beginner here with 0,0 experience save for ballroom and latin back when I was a teen. At least I have the very basics of dancing in general down :lol:

Hi everyone!

Sita

Hi
Don't worry there appears to be a mix of various levels of bellydance from beginners to professional and everyone's lovely. It's a great place to learn about everything concerned with BD :)

Sita

Safran

Welcome Eadwine! Don't worry, I am sure you can teach us a thing or two about the dance basics coming from ballroom and latin.

Is that a cat in your profile pic?

Shanazel

Ah, Netherlands. Thank you for the explanation. I hope you love your dance classes- how exciting to be at the beginning of what can become a lifelong passion!

eadwine

Yeah, that is my now 17yr old cat Dixie, she's a cutie :) She was 16 at the time of that picture.

I cannot wait to start. Good thing is I get to know the group this upcoming Sunday already and the idea is that I participate. Should be a hoot.. 0.0 experience, they can ALL be my teachers :lol:

eadwine

Thanks everyone for welcoming me. I am more reading than posting, but it is good to read all the talk with tips and things!

Lotus Dancer

Hello and welcome.
That's an amazing picture of your cat. Did you use photoshop to add to it.
It's georgeous!!
Smiles to you from Down Under.
Lotus Dancer

eadwine

Nope, this is a completely original picture, not worked on at all :) (well save for the crop to make it square that is). The stuff around her on the left is my hair, on the right is the wall paper. She was looking at the computer screen at the time as I was working and I managed to sneak this shot in in.

AngelaJP

Verwelkom naar de familie, Eadwine!

I think you'll adapt quite easily to BD as you have had dance experience already. You are going to get addicted to BD, for sure! ;)

My best friend and fellow belly dance enthusiast, Maya, lived in NL for a few years. If she goes back to NL, at least you're there to give her info in belly dancing already. She says you have gorgeous outfits for BD there!

Cheers, girl!

Kyria

Hi Eadwine, nice to see you here too!

Serkan, I went to the Liteside festival too, you were radiant on stage. It was a very nice show!