Desperately Sending Smoke Signals from Missouri

CrossEyed

Well, not really sure what to say, but here it goes...

Personal Stats:

Name: C.E. *grin*

Hobbies: Collecting tarot decks, making jewelry, reading, writing, and surfing the net.

Marital Status: Happily married to my lover, best friend, and attentive minion *evil grin*

How I got interested in belly dancing: I got to watch a troupe of belly dancers at a renaissance festival, and I was inspired to try it out. I'm considering taking classes, just a bit shy about it at the moment....

Well, that about sums it up for now. =0]

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi CE Welcome. I can understand being shy, But once you get into a class, and experience it all including the warm welcome from other students, you won't look back.

Maybe if you have a friend willing to try a class with you, may make it easier to go along? If not take a deep breath and just go:D
~Mosaic

Jendayi

I got bitten by the bd bug just a few months ago. I have never really done anything for myself, husband and daughter always come first, but something inspired me and I enrolled in a class offered by The Place for Women in Toledo. I have gotten a few instructional dvd's and can't wait to learn more for ME! I laugh because my husand gave me a leer when I told him what I was going to do.... and I smiled and said that this wasn't for him..... it was for me.:)

So grab your hip scarf and dive in baby!!!!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Jump in and go for it! If you need to take someone with you to give you courage, by all means do so - that's what my wife did when she decided to join me in the dance. But as other have said - Belly Dance classes are VERY welcoming places to shy beginners; we all were one at one time!

Safran

Welcome to the forum! And I agree with others - go ahead, and give the classes a try. I am sure you'll love it!

Sita

Great introduction ! Welcome to the board and like the others I say just go for it drag someone with you for support - if you need it- but most BD classes in my experience our friendly places :)

Sita