Hello from NJ

Lusifelia

I just found this forum today, and figured I'd give a quick intro. I've been a fan of belly dance forever, especially tribal and tribal fusion styles. I plan to finally give it a shot next month when I am "allowed" to exercise again. (I just had a little girl via Cesarean, so I've been a bit restricted as far as physical activity goes.) Also wondering if having a c-section will affect my abilities, does anyone have experience with this?

Anyway, I'm excited to have found this place and look forward to reading the threads and all that!

Gia al Qamar

Welcome! I am also from NJ...the Northern part of the state...which part of NJ do you live in?
I have no experience with c-sections, but did have a surgery that cut through the same abdominal area...give yourself PLENTY of time for recouperation...you'll use a LOT of lower abs in your classes...you'll want to make sure that you're fully healed before you start dancing again!
Gia

Lusifelia

I am in Central NJ, Ocean County.

I know I've got to wait to heal up (which is hard, because now that she's out of me and I'm feeling better, my body wants to MOVE lol), I'm going to work with some DVDs for now (in a few more weeks) to ease myself in before I start with a regular class. That way I can do what I can without over-straining myself.

Gia al Qamar

I am in Central NJ, Ocean County.

I know I've got to wait to heal up (which is hard, because now that she's out of me and I'm feeling better, my body wants to MOVE lol), I'm going to work with some DVDs for now (in a few more weeks) to ease myself in before I start with a regular class. That way I can do what I can without over-straining myself.

That sounds very reasonable!!! Welcome back to dancing and mabruk on the arrival of your baby!
Gia

Sita

Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your baby girl and good luck with your classes. Just remember not to push yourself too hard, and sit out if your feeling the strain. Overwise Enjoy!

Sita

hi from OZ, ive had 5 caesars my last 4 1/2 yrs ago. in no way does it affect my ability to bellydance. just listen to your body. Hope this helps luv Indigo Dragonfly

Lusifelia

hi from OZ, ive had 5 caesars my last 4 1/2 yrs ago. in no way does it affect my ability to bellydance. just listen to your body. Hope this helps luv Indigo Dragonfly

Thanks! If you can still do it after 5, that's awesome! I'm definitely less worried under such circumstances. :)

Lotus Dancer

Hello and Welcome,
I have also had 3 c/ sects all within 4 years (indigo dragonfly and I are about 15 minutes from each other, must be something in the water!!!)
We weren't allowed to even drive a car for the 1st 6 weeks, due to the pressure it would cause on the lower abdo area. Also hanging out clothes was a big no-no as well (damn shame about that one. hee hee)
Slowly, slowly, slowly would be my advise.
In Bellydance there are lot's of areas, other than the belly that we use.
The fingers, the hands, the wrists, the elbows, etc...
Whether it be Oriental, Egyptian, Tribal, Tribal Fusion, Moroccan, Tunisian etc... etc...the list is endless.
All with exquisite hand and finger movements.
And all slightly different, with there own features.
Also the eyes, the head and the shoulders are wonderful elements to use throughout the dance.
Your actually very Lucky to have that time to focus on these areas.
But gently does it ( I know this from experience)
Go slowly, and enoy.
Oh by the way, after 3 c/sects I had no feeling at all in the lower abdo area, and thanks to those Beautiful Soaz pulls, the feelings back. (again let your body heal before any major stretching, but when you're ready, the soaz pulls work magic)
Congratulations to you on your little girl.

When you become a mum, there is always someone in this world who loves you. It's a wonderful world we live in.
Smiles to you
Lotus Dancer

Last edited: