Dr. Hassan Khalil

*elly belly*

I saw a website for Dr. Hassan Kahlil and I thought I'd ask you guys this: Is it worth spending all your money to go to Egypt and train from him? Apparently he trained Samia Gamal, Tahia Carioca, Nagwa Fouad etc etc. So i thought, if he trained them, he must be good. What do you think?

Last edited:

jenc

I was trying to work it out. If Carioca died in 199 aged 84, he must be older than he looks

PrinceKayammer

Hi all !!!
I guess he is something like 70, but very active !!!!
There is a Greek teacher that goes to his training course and recently spoke with her, she is in the middle of it, and is very satisfied by it.
Nuriyia is also teaching in it, the place they live in Cairo is fantastic, and there is tons of information special for cultural things on arabic dance.

have a great day all !!!
Maria Aya :)

**** oopppssssssssssssss
I'm at Prince Kayammer house for the weekend lol and answered under his nick cause I thought I was signed lol

kisses tooooooooooo all

jenc

Then Carioca had already started dancing before he was born!! If dance trainer means something like choreographer/personal trainer then it is poss he had some involvement but she must have been near retirement when he was starting out.
By the way he travels around, he may not actually be in egypt much!!

Samira bint Aya

In the April Nile Group festival I had the opportunity to meet Hassan Khalil and Nuriyya. He was saying that he wanted to expand his teacher training schools (which he refers to as Academies) outside of Egypt.

He was in the process of starting up a school in Germany (or Belgium, I am not sure I remember correctly). Perhaps there is a school coming near you soon, so why not do some research on that, rather than make a radical decision such as travelling to Cairo.

If I remember correctly :)think:) he was saying that the students are required to participate in a certain number of course hours, which are organized like extended seminars bi yearly. The whole course last three years I think, so that is plenty of travelling back and forth.

Also, you have to consider weather you like his personal style of dance and choreography etc…

PrinceKayammer

Prices for ISOC are different because there is Dancers training course and Teachers training course.For teachers course 'train the trainer' fee : 850 euro for 10 hrs of lecture and culture program,20 hours choreographies for educaion and performance and 10 hours foundamentals,dance teghniques and expressions and to obtain the certificate:Speciality Teacher for Oriental dance and folklore you have to follow 160 hours of training during 2 years.That means 3400 euros.For dancers training course 4 days with 16 hours of training :for one to one 35 euros per hour,for collective class 2-5 dancers 25 euros per hour, for collective class 6-10 dancers 20 euros per hour.For ISOC vila 350 euros for 7 nights.This is what I know.maybe something has change but I dont think so.

*elly belly*

The thing is I want to go to Egypt and train with the very best. I know for a fact that there are classes I can take from him in Egypt but I want to know if he's the best choice I have or if you'd advise someone else.

Outi

I would recommend you to to go Egypt, look around, see the people, the country, go and see dance shows and at the same time go and see different teachers, take classes from them and see which ones you like best, which ones are best for you. Try to take two or three class from each one and then decide. All this if you have enough time and money, of course.

*elly belly*

thank you =) its the money of course, that's the issue, as it always seems to be :lol: are there some teachers you would reccomend? I wouldn't know where to go

Outi

Me of course :)
I'm good teacher.

Try all of them...
It depends of your level and needs...
Diana Tarkhan, Aida Nour, Mahmoud Reda, Yasmina, Lubna Emam....
You can try to get some classes with Randa Kamel or Soraya, but those I have heard to be difficult to contact.

I have some information about different teachers in my website
Outi of Cairo

*elly belly*

thanks! that's a beautiful website, and i saw a video of you on youtube, you have a great shimmy =)! I also saw this website and I thought maybe I should try it instead of Hassan Kahlil: Untitled Page what do you think? (take a look at the teacher list!)

PrinceKayammer

Wow!thera are some really great teachers here!I suggest you to go!You will learn so many different things from some of the best Egyptian teachers!

djamilaa

Elly belly-In Egypt you can find many great teachers with more or less famous names.
Hassan can teach you pure, simple egyptian style, you can find out absolutely everything about egyptian folklore and belly dance history. Like everybody-he also has his own style. Some dancers love it, some not.
If you are not decided you should go to one of belly dance festivals in Cairo-Nilegroup or Ahlan Wa Sahlan. You can try many teachers and choose your favourite one.Later you can take some private classes.
Prof.Khalil teaches on Nilegroup.