Hi from Brazil!

carolmorimoto

Hi, my name is Carol, I'm from Amazon, Brazil.
First of all, my apologies for my english, I've not practiced for a long time, so there must be some mistakes in my post.
I started learning bellydance 12 years ago, at this time I was still living in São Paulo. In 2006, I moved to Manaus, Amazon, and started get classes with Adriana Amazonas, a really talented teacher and bellydancer. In 2007 she created "Nawaar Cia de Dança do Ventre", and we have been performing all over Manaus since then.
I'm really glad I found this forum, it will be great to talk about bellydance with people from other places in the world.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Assal and carol, welcome to both of you. I think this forum is number 1, great people here, I am sure you will enjoy being part of this worldwide community.
~Mosaic

Lotus Dancer

Hello and Welcome,
We have been dancing around the same length of time. It only gets better with age!!! Wow, the Amazon sounds like a Beautiful place. And you obviously travel quite a lot with your dance. That's wonderful.
Enjoy posting.
Smiles to you from Down Under.
Lotus Dancer

carolmorimoto

Thank you girls!
And lotus, you are right, we get better and better with age! When I look back, I see how I have improved my dance along all these years, maybe we bring the wisdom we get in our lives to the way we dance!

Lotus Dancer

Yes, like a good bottle of red!! (he he.)

But all jokes aside, I couldn't agree with you more.
It's a wonderful feeling to express our history through dance. I certainly dance differently to what I did at 22. I never showed emotion at all. It's only as I have grown older and danced longer, that I have come to realise dance is a way to release emotion, and to portray it in dance, well how Lucky are we.
Smiles to you
Lotus Dancer

AngelaJP

Welcome to the family, Carol! Gosh, I feel like 40-year old kindergarten student amongst all you goddesses of belly dancing!

I love the outdoors and I think you are lucky to be living in the Amazon!

Have fun!