Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Roll  Eyes New belly dance class

Hello,
    My name is Simon Lailey and I live on the Isle of Wight (southern England). My wife has just begun to learn belly dance at my Oriental Culture Centre in Ryde. Anyone interested in learning this fascinating art-form then please email me at realkungfu@tallktalk.net or just google my name. As a dedicated martial artist BD fascinates me! More from me in due course.
    Bye for noiw.
    Simon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Simon,
    Good Luck for your Oriental Dance Classes.
    What style of Martial Art do you do?
    It's a great idea to combine the two.
    Lotus Dancer

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little confused, Simon. Do you teach belly dance or are there teachers at your center that teach belly dance to your wife?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome in this wonderful forum !!!
    Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya, Athens Greece

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello

hi. hello.. my name is madel ^_^ and im from asia, im just 15 years old..though i have this intense willingness to learn how to belly dance. ^__^..i hope you guys can teach you.. im currently looking for a belly dancin' teacher .. ^___^ anyway.. hello..

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Lotus Dancer From Simon

Hello Lotus Dancer

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. LD. I was not sure how to navigate around this forum to respoind (my first time to use a forum!).

Thank you very much. The sessions are picking up now. The fifth weekly lesson has just passed and seven members already with two on the horizon.I do not teach but a friend of mine does.

What style of Martial Art do you do?

I teach Fujian Nanquan. I cal my at Sanshangong, You can visit my webite. Just Google my name.

It's a great idea to combine the two.

I am not combining M with BD but run a martial arts academy (The MARSTA)with an Oriental Culture Centre attached - that is where the BD is taught.

I have written an esay on BD from a martial arts perspective. You can read it on my blogsite. Go first to the website and then go from there.

So where do you live, Lotus Dancer? In the UK or the USA or elsewhere? I take it you study belly dancing.

Best wishes,

Simon.
    Lotus Dancer[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Shanazel from Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I'm a little confused, Simon. Do you teach belly dance or are there teachers at your center that teach belly dance to your wife?
    H Shanazel,

Thank you for your question.

There is a teacher of BD that teaches at my martial arts centre which also houses an Oriental Culture Centre as well. That is where the BD is taught.

Where are you based? Are you active in belly dancing?

Best regards,

Simon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, welcome to the forum! I just read your article, very interesting to be looked at from a martial arts perspective. Whose show did you see?

I never heard anyone call them noise belts though. Coin belts, hipscarves, shimmy belts... Have you heard finger cymbals yet? Call those noise discs and you would have a point....

As for the origins and roots of belly dance, you have come to the right place. There is an awful lot of rubbish spouted about belly dance and we like to cut through the BS!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello
    Welcome to the board it sounds like you have an interesting perspective on BD and look forward to reading your posts.

Sita

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Simon,
    I have just read your blog on Belly dance. I found it really interesting to get your perspective on dance.
    Dance to me, is a form of meditation (especially the oriental style of this dance.) It's just a beautiful art form.
    I also love Tai-chi, and incorporate the movements with my dance.
    I'm based in Australia, but do travel to learn and understand more about other cultures and dance.
    Now, can you please tell me the name of your music on your site.
    Simply beautiful. I would love to do a choreography to it.
    Many thanks.
    Lotus Dancer
    Last edited by Lotus Dancer; 09-03-2008 at 04:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast