Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Male Phobia In Teenage Years

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I'm impressed. Being that he's so young, he has a great chance of retaining that wonderful fluidity and smoothness that many males lack. Hope he sticks to it, and doesn't develop some stupid kind of male phobia in his teens - he can only get better. I wish I'd started at his age!
    I think he would more likely have to deal with male phobias from other kids at school. Boys usually get picked on when they do things like dance and choir at school. He would more likely have to deal with homophobic comments from other kids at school once he gets to be a teen.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thing about those that seem keen to dish out homophobic comments to others, often it is they who have an insecurity about it. If it got around that those that seem quick to label and ridicule are perhaps the ones with the problem, it might actually silence them as comments made would shift the focus onto their own insecurity.

Is it also interesting that it is the male of the species that seems to be the keenest to publically ridicule another as to their personal life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prince ali baba View Post
    I think he would more likely have to deal with male phobias from other kids at school. Boys usually get picked on when they do things like dance and choir at school. He would more likely have to deal with homophobic comments from other kids at school once he gets to be a teen.
    Exactly. I really wish I'd been kept away/protected from other kids more than I was as a child. Its taken me a lifetime to get over the damage...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Other Kids

Exactly. I really wish I'd been kept away/protected from other kids more than I was as a child. Its taken me a lifetime to get over the damage...
    You and me both. I stayed away from things like choir and dance until I was more than half way through high school. I know when I was in Elementary school we had choir,but no dance classes. Not that many boys were into it,so that caused me to chicken out of it. Plus I had to deal with bullying being so short and having mild autism which was believed to be A.D.D. at the time. Nobody knew what was or much about autism during the 1980s and 90s.

Post Thanks / Like

HA! I'm a "mild autistic" (probably mild Aspberger's) myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mild Autism

HA! I'm a "mild autistic" (probably mild Aspberger's) myself!
    Well you mean you have mild autism. We don't want to label people as being their illness or disability. You might just have ASD:Autism Spectram Disorder.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you mean you have mild autism. We don't want to label people as being their illness or disability. You might just have ASD:Autism Spectrum Disorder.
    Yea - but I don't really call it a "disorder" - I certainly don't grok the thought processes of NTs (Neuro-Typicals, i.e. "normal" folks!)...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grok?

Yea - but I don't really call it a "disorder" - I certainly don't grok the thought processes of NTs (Neuro-Typicals, i.e. "normal" folks!)...
    I don't know what you mean by grok Zorba? We're all normal people it's just some of us have disabilities.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what you mean by grok Zorba? We're all normal people it's just some of us have disabilities.
    Hmmm. 'Grok'.... If you don't know, no explanation is possible, if you do know, no explanation is necessary...

Anyway, in NO way do I see Aspberger's or other mild Autism "disorders" as a disability - quite the opposite!

Post Thanks / Like

Each person has his/her own disability, for sure! For you, it just happens to be communication and social interaction, which can be very well managed/solved, especially these days. My Asperger's student is very intelligent and excels in Science. I had to re-study the world almanac as that was his favorite!

I think I have mild ADD myself

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast