Male Belly Dance Competition...

Samira_dncr

I just got home from Yaa Halla, Y'all....in Dallas, TX. They had a People's Choice competition with a male dancer category. And I just have to say that is was a stellar experience. The young man who won, Al, is from Puerto Rico (forgive me for not knowing his full name) and is a mere 10 years old. He was positively amazing. Seriously!! He was right up there with Tito of Egypt, IMHO. He could have taken the professional category...which was won by his sister (who was also breathtaking).

Did anyone else attend this? I really had such a great time!!!

Maria_Aya

I guess you mean this cutie????
He is just AMAZING !!!
Last week was jocking with Prince Kayammer about when Ali grow up !!!
God bless him, and keep him safe and healthy :)
Was impressed with the freedom he have on stage and how confidence he show's !!
Enjoy him

kayshier

the second video (drum solo to Hossam Ramzy's "Khatwet Serena") is great!
i love that drum solo and I enjoyed his interpretation of it..(maybe its my amazement at his age, and stage presence!!)

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I'm impressed. Being that he's so young, he has a great chance of retaining that wonderful fluidity and smoothness that many males lack. Hope he sticks to it, and doesn't develop some stupid kind of male phobia in his teens - he can only get better. I wish I'd started at his age!

Samira_dncr

Yup! That's the little darling!! When he found out I was from Vegas he was my new best friend. I guess he is completely fascinated with my city. Obsessed is a better word. Hahahahaha.

Their family is just gifted. His sister was stellar as well. I can't rave enough about them.

And I have to say that watching a male dancing category was soooooo much fun.

Pirika Repun

Wow! he is cute and great! I can tell he has a lot of fun! This is the best thing! He has fun and dance! :dance::clap:

Anybody know his sister's name? I saw a couple of young talented PR dancers in NYC last month @ Sharif's Gala show and after Gala show. They were great dancers. However, I don't remember their names. (Shame on me!) One girl was 18, and the other amazing girl was 21. Both of them have bright future. I hope I can find their video to sere in here. :(

Sita

Wow what fludicity and ease! not to mention his stage prescence and enjoyment and only 10??? I truly hope he continues.

Sita

PrinceKayammer

Hahahaha yes Maria!AL HASSAN!Small star and going to be Big star!He is great for his age!I think he and also his sister (who probably trainned him) needs both congratulations!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
WOW! he is great and only 10! :clap::clap::clap: He looks like he is also thoroughly enjoying himself, he is so confident, love the little fellow!

Zorba I 2nd your wish that you had started dancing when you was his age - me too!

I'd love to see his sister dance. Anyone know her name and how old she is?
~Mosaic

Mark_Balahadia

OH NO! Now we are teaching the children how to dance like debauched prostitutes too!!! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

Just kidding. Al is so cute :) Mashallah he won the contest, he deserved it.

chryssanthi sahar

This kid is more than amazing! He is absolutely extraordinary:clap: Such a great talent:D It was so much fun watching his videos. He will become a great great dancer, if he keeps going on dancing.

Craig

he certainly is talented! darnit i need to get some videos of my son in here doing practice with me, he watches me like a hawk as i practice and as a result he can bellyroll really well ... he's 4 this year! lol

Jamil

IS IT ANY WONDER HE WON? he is absolutely fantastic, esp his prop work!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Prasit

a male belly dancer from Thailand

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iuEvc0xUJk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iuEvc0xUJk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tarik Sultan

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iuEvc0xUJk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iuEvc0xUJk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fixed it for you.