Classes in Manchester, Uk?

lizaj

I was asking about classes in here
http://www.bellydanceforums.net/meet-greet/6439-hi-finland.html
but thought might be maybe better to have it as an own topic if someone from Manchester would notice it better here.. So anyone got any tips for finding good classes in Manchester?

My first teacher Madeleine Mitchell teaches in Manchester. her website . Belly Dance UK.html She is also a member of this forum. Kharis

a useful website to find teachers in the UK is Wiggle - Find a local Bellydance Class in the UK.

Last edited:

karena

btw on Wiggle Manchester is under Lancashire.

Here's another link
bellydance, bellydancing

I saw on the other thread you hadn't been able to find much in 'dance schools'. I get the impression that in other countries there are actual dance focused places that give all sorts of dance lessons including bellydance (maybe I'm wrong :think:). Here it isn't like that. Classes will be in gyms, church halls, school halls all sorts. So don't get downhearted if you can't find stuff in actual 'dance schools'.

And, this isn't far from you and is fantastic
About the Jewel of Yorkshire.

lizaj

btw on Wiggle Manchester is under Lancashire.

Here's another link
bellydance, bellydancing

I saw on the other thread you hadn't been able to find much in 'dance schools'. I get the impression that in other countries there are actual dance focused places that give all sorts of dance lessons including bellydance (maybe I'm wrong :think:). Here it isn't like that. Classes will be in gyms, church halls, school halls all sorts. So don't get downhearted if you can't find stuff in actual 'dance schools'.

And, this isn't far from you and is fantastic
About the Jewel of Yorkshire.

ah yes Tracy Gibbs..fabulous teacher and dancer.

and do join us at JoY

Tracey

Manchester Classes

Hi Sophia

Welcome to the forum, are you comming to study in Manchester?
There are lots of great teachers in the area and you should be able to find one that is both easy for you to get to and suite the style you would like to study, both myself and Kharis teach in Manchester there is also Michelle Pender and sharqi style with Jane Wass if you like I can email their web sites to you

Tracey

sophia

Thanks Tracey!
I'm not sure about my studies in Manchester yet. It's still a year away. I'm a medical student so it is a bit complicated to get an exchange place. But I'm coming to Manchester to live with my boyfriend cos he has to work there that year. Probably we will eventually move to England then after I've finished my studies. But it would be great to find good dance lessons already next year. Then there would be a place to come back to in several years time. :) I found the web pages and few of them look exactly like the places I was looking for. So million thanks for help! Maybe see you in some connections with dance next year!